“Excellent weinbar” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rutz Restaurant - Weinbar

Rutz Restaurant - Weinbar
Chausseestrasse 8 | Berlin-Mitte, 10115 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
+49 (30) 24 62 87 60
Cuisines: German, Vegetarian, Wine Bar, Central European
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: a michelin star restaurant with one of the best chefs in germany. A great wine bar with a huge wine list. The focus is german wines.
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
“Excellent weinbar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We've An. Excellent dining experience at Rutz Weinbar! The german food served is really nice. My wife and I liked very much all our dishes. We take wines by the glass suggested by them and we love all of them too.
The ambience is modern, beautiful . The service is very good too.

Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Seattle, WA
“Excellent for wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Rutz has an outstanding wine list and a friendly and knowledgable staff. Service is very attentive and the decor is great! I've come here on multiple trips now and I will be back again!

Visited May 2013
Berkeley, California
“Dined at Rutz Winebar Downstairs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We ate at the downstairs Winebar section of the restaurant where you can order items a la carte...not the set menu at the upstairs portion of the restaurant. Was impressed with the service and the quality of the food...German influenced but modern/innovativen with nice presentation. I tried things I normally would not eat at home, like black (blood) pudding, blood sausage and they were really delicious. When I ordered the roasted ham hock as my main course, the waiter warned me that the hock had a layer of fat around it. He smiled and said "very good" when I replied, "Isn't all the flavor in the fat?" There was the most perfect crispy & succulent layer of roasted fat around the tender/moist meat of the hock that tasted like butter. I don't normally eat fatty layers on meats, but this time I ate it all. One member of our party was in charge of ordering wine for the table and our server obliged 3 times with bringing samples of various wines to try until we settled on the one for us. Each time the wine glasses where swapped out for fresh ones with each tasting.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Beautiful restaurant for a delicious dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I ate here with two girlfriends on recommendation from an Eyewitness Travel guide and am so glad that we did! We got a bottle of champagne and a bottle of red wine that were both delicious , the cheese plate for an appetizer (I know that's such an American thing to do - it was on the dessert menu) and I had a pasta dish with goat cheese and honey. The waiter was friendly and told us about places to go after dinner for a night out. Highly recommend for a special evening!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Wunder Wine Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Friendly and knowledgeable service. Lots of wines by the glass. Tasty, imaginative cuisine. I went alone and was sat beside a couple, who turned out to be English yet had spent a lot of time in my hometown - Toronto ..... klein welt

Visited March 2013