“Recommended” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pasternak

Pasternak
Knaackstr. 22-24, 10405 Berlin, Germany (Prenzlauer Berg)
030-4413399
Neighborhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Called here one evening. We were lucky they could fit us in as we didn't book. They menu was very varied and some great set meals that me and my wife both had. Borscht was great according to my wife. I had dumplings in soup - fantastic! Each course was excellent. Not as cheap as some reviews I read but was still a great meal in beautiful surroundings so would definitely go back. My wife is vegetarian and did have a good choice. Would recommend but would recommend booking.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

torino
“Great brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

A lot of choise for sweets and salty dishes. good quality and you can fill your plate lot of times. Really recommended!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Berlin, Germany
“Russian in Berlin,with some Jewish influence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had a very pleasent dinner at the Pasternak. The Restaurant is very cosy, but also ideal for a small group of friends, who might want a nicer place than the average, still affordable for everyone. We tried different kinds of Menus, which we found very filling and satisfying. I would defenitely recommend the Menu n° 2, I forgot the name but it's in the list. They also have some Jewish specialities which I will try next time for sure!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, Canada
“Favourite meal in Berlin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stopped in here a couple times; once for drinks & once for dinner. Service was always prompt (not always common in Germany). The drinks were tasty & well-priced (beer & wine).
We came back for dinner after checking out the very interesting looking menu. We weren't disappointed with the Russian-Jewish cuisine. Our starters & entrees were satisfying & delicious. I ordered a small garden salad (had a great dressing on it) & the latkes for dinner. The marinated salmon that came with the latkes was the best I've ever had. Melt in your mouth tender & amazing flavour!
My husband had matzo ball soup (he thought it was just ok, but he should have ordered the borscht) and beef stroganoff for dinner. His stroganoff was incredibly tasty too.
The ambiance in the spring while sitting outside on the patio is beautiful. On a quiet side street across from a park (with water tower), so it's nice to sit with a drink & people watch, enjoying the fact you're in Berlin. We'd go back next time we're in Berlin.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stavanger, Norway
“Noisy, friendly, happyplace. Don't mention the food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Very russian, very noisy, with a pianist who bangs out the tunes, probably a great musician who vents his frustration at having to play at a restaurant. Nice staff, English-speaking to some extent. Very charming rooms. Fair prices. Good chilled vodka and no-one bats an eyelid if you order one litre for the table.
The borscht is good, so are the crepes. The rest of the food is - well, food.
Nice location, good for a small to medium party, good for outdoors.

Visited May 2013