“Too Many Covers and It's Bursting at the Seams” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lorenz Adlon Esszimmer

Lorenz Adlon Esszimmer
Unter Den Linden 77 | Hotel Adlon Kempinski, 10117 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
+49 30 2261 1960
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 6,046 Restaurants in Berlin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: Following the opening of the hotel in 1907, the restaurant was immediately successful in setting new standards for the culinary world. The most famous recipes of that splendor of time remain on the menu - including the Adlon sole filet and the world-famous Canard a la presse, which are still savored by connoisseurs today.The Lorenz Adlon Esszimmer is not only reminiscent of that time of tradition, luxury, and grandeur - today the restaurant remains a trendsetter that indulges guests with culinary delights, served with genuine passion.
Hong Kong, China
“Too Many Covers and It's Bursting at the Seams”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

For a restaurant of its class with its kind of history, it was overcrowded and noisy the night I was there. I think it had too many covers - hence, the service suffered. I tried to order the 'canard a la presse' which was a classic dish that has been made in this restaurant for some 80 years. Interestingly enough, the maître d' said to me that it would take an hour to make. When I said that it'd be OK, he then said that it would be a bad idea for me to do so as the chef who knew how to make it was not there anymore and the chef there then did not know how to do it. Strange, given that the dish was one of the few a la carte ones on the menu outside of the 'formulas'. The maître d', then successfully 'guided' us to order the 'tasting menu' with 8 courses. When it came to wine, I wanted to order from the wine list. Surely enough the sommelier gave me the same song and dance. So I took the 'formula' menu with wine pairing. it came to some 300 euro per person. Afterwards, I was kicking myself as the wine pairing was weak. I should know as I actually own a vineyard in Bordeaux and has been making wine for the last 20 years.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Meal of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I had the six course menu, but with all the extras this came to 10, and wine, three and a half hours after arrival we left having had the meal of our lives. Definatley recommend it for a special meal, just don't expect much change from 400 euro! However, it will be the experience of a lifetime with phenomenal food and service. Fantastic view of the Brandenburg Gate.

• Visited August 2013
UK
“6 course meal ++++”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Exquisitely prepared dishes that melted in your mouth. Chose the 6 course menu but turned out to be more like a 12 course after all the extra treats from the chef! Cost an arm and a leg but certainly a special experience.

Visited August 2013
toronto
“FABULOUS ! !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner, starting with our greeting downstairs in the main lobby and being led upstairs to the restaurant and then our table. The service was superb as was the sommelier's advice. The meal was absolutely delicious and perfectly prepared and introduced, I had the tasting menu and my wife a la carte. We would highly recommend !

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“In every sense the best "Michelin star dinner" of our life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had the 10 course menu + wine menu. We arrived at the restaurant around 22 and left around 02:00. We got COMPLETELY hypnotized and forgot time and place, and only realized when we left that we were the last guests and the staff probably had waited for us for an hour or two to finish. We have eaten at many a Michelin star restaurant on several continents over the years, but the food, service, atmosphere and interior at this place really stands out. Apart from the faboulous food, we loved the seremony with which each meal was served when two or three waitors came "dancing" into the reataurant presenting and uncovering the meal.

• Visited November 2012