“Excellent Again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Cocotte

La Cocotte
Vorbergstrasse 10, 10823 Berlin, Germany (Schöneberg)
030 / 78 95 76 58
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #633 of 5,944 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Schöneberg
Description: A very original French restaurant, elegant but very affordable with a beautiful terrace, a cosy lounge and non pretentious tasty food served in small cast iron pots.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Having eaten here last year, we came back again last weekend and what can I say. Just as perfect as last year, great tasting food, amazing wine, lovely friendly and fun staff. Am sure we will be back everytime we are in Berlin from now on .

• Visited September 2012

• Polish first
“Most fun French restaurant in Berlin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

The food is fabulous. Very French. The staff are charming and gay. You are guaranteed a great night out here. And it is open until 1am!

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Wish I had this in my neighbourhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I loved this little restaurant for its atmosphere, friendly service, and excellent food. It feels like an authentic French restaurant relocated to Berlin where it has acquired a touch of 'Cabaret'-style camp. From the menu I chose poule au pot and boeuf bourguignon, two cuisine bourgeoise classics which were both impeccably executed. Amazing depth of flavour and melting texture to the meats. It reminded me of the little family-run restaurants where you could eat well and cheaply that I frequented in Paris years ago. In other words it's more for devotees of traditional food culture rather than cutting-edge innovation. But given that such places seem to have all but disappeared in Paris, that's no bad thing. Wish I had it in my neighbourhood.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Surely the best French restaurant in Berlin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This restaurant is not too big, which makes it very cosy and intimate. The staff is very kind and will help you get what you want. Unfortunately their english is not the best, but they will sure try their best too help you. They speak fluent French though. We ordered five different dishes and they were all superb. Probably the best french restaurant I have ever been to. Worth a visit if you are in Berlin.

• Visited July 2012
Paris
“Fresh French homely food in Berlin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Found this restaurant thanks to the recommendation of a local. We were the first to arrive and initially I was worried because I could only see the signs for the pizzaria next door. Anyway, we were given the table in the window, which was very nice. There are tables on the terrace for when the weather conditions are better. we started with a glass of really crispy and cold champagne and then followed with our meal. They have quite an extensive menu - the food is very French, but unpretentious French food. The red snapper served with roasted vegetables was really very tasty. The chef whipped me up a delicious fruit salad for desert, which was served warm and was a real treat. We had a most charming waiter, who was very attentive and served us a complimentary digestif. Would recommend this for an evening with friends or family for its warm and pleasant atmosphere.

• Visited June 2012