“Brilliant - the very breast of Berlin!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Henne

Henne
Leuschnerdamm 25, 10999 Berlin, Germany (Kreuzberg)
030-6147730
Cuisines: German, Chicken Wings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kreuzberg
London
“Brilliant - the very breast of Berlin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This pub-restaurant does one thing only and does it really well - fried chicken. It is the best I have ever tasted. The pub itself is apparently over 100 years old and has a great selection of beer as well as schnapps. Staff and customers are very friendly - even if you find it a little bit overpoweringly 'ethnic' when you first walk in. Brilliant place - if you are in Berlin you have to try it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Best Fried Chicken of my Life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

There is only one thing on the menu here, which you know is delicious. We sat outside in the charming backyard patio, and ordered two side salads and some beer. The potato salad and coleslaw were the best I've ever had, and I grew up in a European household. The chicken - wow... wow... wow. Crispy skin and a hearty portion. One of our favourite meals in Europe. A must.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Strange but satisfying...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This German pub (sort of) is brilliant! Staff are friendly and the food is brilliant. I recommend the chicken...
The atmosphere is great, tightly packed but cozy and you definitely won't be disappointed or angry over the bill.

I'm definitely going back!

Rome, Italy
“Unforgettable Chicken! :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I ate in this restaurant in May 2005, during a last minute trip to Berlin.2 German friends red some reviews on a magazine and were very curious about it. The took the chance of our visit to go there and see with their own eyes. I remember it looked a very tipical German place, all furbished in dark wood, with white and red chequered tablecloths. Then I remember the faboulous chicken! I can't even tell if it was fried or roasted but I know it was delicious! I think it came with smashed potatoes.Of course we had big glasses of beer!!Unfortunately I don't remember how much it costed but I'm sure it was very affordable! I hope to go back to Berlin soon and I will surely go back to Henne!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Berlin without makeup - die Henne”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

If you are looking for Berlins soul here you get a taste of it... It's an old tavern/pub where neighbors meet and have their beer and a deep fried chicken with it. It's very down to earth, relaxed and friendly in its Berlin way.