“Good airport hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Berlin West

You added Days Inn Berlin West to your Saves list
Days Inn Berlin West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Koegelstrasse 12-13, 13403 Berlin, Germany (Formerly Central-Hotel Reinickendorf)   |
Ranked #391 of 665 Hotels in Berlin
switzerland
“Good airport hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had a very early flight from Berlin Tegel airport. So I decided to book in a hotel very near of this airport. I was not disappointed. The rooms, basic, are very conformtable and clean, and the area is very quiet: I slept well with the window opened. This hotel can be reached by a direct bus from the airport (only 250-300 mt to walk), with frequent early or late connections. Very good value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
ibistegel, Manager at Days Inn Berlin West, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear guest,

thank you that you booked our hotel and for your further recommendation.
Our team wishes you all the best!

Sabine Dobschanski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Ramat Gan, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Although a little bit far away from the city center, it's quite close to the subway. Its relatively low price makes the deal a good value for money. Great Supermarket is nearby, as well as several restaurants.

Room Tip: From some reason, the guests are required to deposite the room key in the lobby... It's 15 years...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

thank you for your further recommendation.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed 3 night in this hotel for business. So I did not look for something fancy. The area is not that great but there was an Irish pub not far away. The rooms are rather small and basic but sufficiently equipped. Overall, the room and the bathroom were clean. The breakfast was basic but good concerning the selection of bread and fruit. If you want to explore the city, this hotel would not be the best choice since it is quite far to the city centre. However, if you want to have a hotel nearby the airport this would be a place to stay for some nights.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

thank you for your further recommendation.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We booked a double room at the hotel for 7 nights.

House keeping was daily, so the room was kept very clean and any necessary towel changes were done efficiently.

For a double room for 7 nights, we paid £143.01. There was a promotion on at the time, so we got really good value.

We read that the charge for Breakfast was 10 euro's before arriving, so opted for nearby cafe's instead. There are plenty of cafe's, restaurants and bakeries within walking distance of the hotel. We ate out at some of the local restaurants some evenings.

For a main course plus drink in a nearby restaurant, you can expect to pay around 20 euro's. There are cheaper options such as going to a local take away or even going to the Kaufland shop which is just across the road from the hotel. In particular one restaurant, Doreedo's, was particularly cheap: I got a main course plus drink for 4 euro's! Surprisingly, it was good, so it tends to be busy!

The staff at reception are very friendly. Whenever we asked a question we always got a helpful answer.

The hotel is intended to be close to Tegel airport, which is where keeping my review relevant gets interesting: the closure of Tegel airport is planned shortly before the opening of Berlin Brandenburg.

We arrived at Berlin Schoenefeld, which is located where Berlin Brandenburg airport intends to open in 2013.

Travelling from Berlin Brandenburg or Berlin Schoenefeld wasn't a problem: we got to and from the hotel on the trains with a couple of changes, arriving at Kurt-Schumacher-Platz U-Bahn station as our last stop. We used BVG's journey planner which was really helpful for organising transfers to and from the airport. If you are an English speaker, you can access the English version of the website to make things easier.

Travel time from Schoenefeld airport to the hotel was just over 1 hour and 10 minutes on a Sunday evening, including walking time. The train station at the airport is about 6 minutes walk from the terminal building. It's well signed within the airport so we found it easy to get to.

You will probably only need one ticket covering Zones A, B and C. This costs 3 euro's to get to the hotel, with the ticket being valid for 2 hours from when you validate your ticket. One of the travel guides indicated that a taxi from Schoenefeld to the Berlin's central train Station (the Berlin Haptbahnhof) would be around 30 euro's. The Berlin Haptbahnhof is still quite a long way from the hotel, so getting a taxi would be an expensive option for that distance.

Although the hotel is outside the main centre, the location was good for getting around the city: Kurt-Schumacher-Platz is a very handy U-Bahn (underground) station, which is only a short walk from the hotel. We got 7-day tickets and used the U-Bahn every day. The trains were always on time or early, and always got us to within a short walk of where we were travelling to, even though we visited different areas of Berlin nearly every day!

The hotel was nice and quiet, as it's tucked away slightly from the main street. The only noise you commonly get is from the planes flying to Tegel, if you have the windows open.

The hotel was well located for our holiday in Berlin. I'd happily stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Alan,

thank you for your detailed remarks and your further recommendation!
Our team wish you all the best!

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights at just over $100 total. The hotel was clean and easy to find, free parking was appreciated. The rooms were small but well arranged, thr bathrooms however were not good - way too small even by euro standards and no way to keep water off the floor during a shower (or the shower curtain from sticking to your butt, for that matter).

Some front desk clerks were nice, some acted bored and bothered by questions. This is a hotel where you must drop your key as you leave - really, an updated system would be nicer. I hate leaving the key. Our towels were not changed, just picked up off the floor and re-hung. Cups in the bathroom were not replace with clean ones and wifi was 9 euro for 24 hrs... and it resets and requires you to log in again every 30 mins.

The hotel is on a quiet side street in a residential area. It is a short 5 minute walk to the u-bahn, which we liked.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Mr. Korelys,

thanks for your review and your further recommendation.

Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

After arriving after a day of travelling I was pleased to find the hotel and have a nice receptionist, Elena welcome me. The lift on the way up seemed to stop and then jolt quiet a fair bit, I was glad to get off as I was worried it would break down. The hallways were pitch black and there were no visible lights so I had to use the torch on my phone to find my room and put the key in.
The room was a very clean and modern room of a fair size. I ordered a single room but was welcomed with a double bed and a blanket that was tiny (I would say it was a single bed spread). I purchased 4 days of wifi for €20 which was a bit on the steep side and it had poor connection and every time I would lock my iPhone I'd have to re sign in, it was very annoying so don't throw out the wifi account detail slip!
The shower curtain was useless, I found a pool of water after every shower no matter which way I out the shower curtain, I used the towels given to soak it up and used my own towel to dry myself. The bathroom was tiny and outdated.
Staff are either excellent (Elena and the red headed woman) or disgraceful(young girl short hair). The young girl was rude and I felt very judged when I had to deal with her and felt like I was wasting her precious Facebook time which I found her own numerous times. Breakfast was shocking and didn't bother even sitting down and went to the cafe up the road for breakfast instead.

Overall this is a very nice hotel but I would not stay here again as the staff and some of the facilities are lacking.

Room Tip: Bring a torch and an extra towel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear guest,

we are very sorry that you are not satisfied in our hotel.
Thank you for your review. We discussed with our employees the problems.

Coronado, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We only stayed here one night, just before flying out of Tegel. It was a good place to relax and get ready for our flight, but a little difficult to find. There are a number of restaurants within several blocks and Kaufland is very close (great place for buying just about anything you need). The free parking lot in the rear of the hotel is a big advantage and the room was clean. Our staff experience was inconsistent...in the afternoon the receptionist was a little surly and non-communicative. The lady on duty in the early morning was delightful.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your review and your further recommendation!

Sabine Dobschanski

Been to Days Inn Berlin West? Share your experiences!