I stayed in a single room of the Hotel Pension Elegia from December 05 to December 11 2007. The Hotel Elegia is a very small hotel/pension on the first floor of a house which also contains private apartments.
+ Good location, 2 minutes from S-Bahn-station Savignyplatz and 3 minutes from Kurfürstendamm.
+ Friendly staff.
+ Breakfast is brought to room from 8 am to 10 am (you can tell the time at the arrival).
- Noisy rooms: You can hear everything from the corridor and from the street, but it is a street with not much traffic and pedestrians. You can also hear TVs, rooms being locked and stuff from your neighbour rooms.
- (Some of?) the (single?) rooms are not equipped with an own bathroom, although promised, but the bathroom is close to the rooms. The hotel staff asked me if I wanted me to be the only user of the bathroom and at first wanted to charge EUR 7.- per night for that. When I insisted that the room price on hotel.de was including the bathroom, they apologized and gave it to me for free.
- The promised safe was missing, but I did not have valuable things left in my room, so I did not care. There was also no hairdryer as promised.
- A lot of keys (1 x front door, 2 x hotel floor, 1 x hotel room) which you have to carry around because the reception is closed from 9 pm until 8 am
- The room key also fitted the bathroom door lock (which is understandable), BUT the toilet key from the toilet lock also fitted the room door lock!!! So that seems to mean that everybody having access to the bathroom also has access to your hotel room!?! I noticed this 1 day before leaving, so I did not mention it.
- The towels were changed only once during my stay of 6 nights (after the 2nd night). When I threw them at the floor to have them changed again after some other nights, I found the same towels hanging in the bathroom again (containing the same spots as the ones I had thrown on the floor), so they had just been picked up and not been changed.
- There was only 1 toilet paper roll and no spare roll which resulted in buying spare rolls by myself at the drugstore.
- The cleanliness all in all was ok, there is nothing to really complain about, but I would not have eaten from the floor either. This probably also has to do because the house and the rooms are not really new.
All in all not bad for the price of EUR 44.- per night and single room, but I would not honestly recommend this hotel to my friends.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.