“Fantastic cold war tour, interesting, engaging and entertaining.” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Private Tour: Berlin Architecture Tour
Ranked #1 of 333 Activities in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: Get to grips with this fascinating city by taking a tour with Berlin's most informative and entertaining walking tour company. Insider Tour guides are experts on the sprawling history and intriguing culture of Berlin and, as you will see, they have a special talent for sharing their knowledge. Providing tours in Berlin since 1996, Insider Tour is committed to ensuring that each and every tour provides visitors with a truly memorable experience. Our walking tours are inexpensive, with prices starting at just 9 euro for a four-hour, in-depth, high-quality tour that acquaints you with the different aspects of this fantastic city that has become one of Europe's most popular destinations. First-timers here can get an overview of Berlin, encompassing both its chequered past and its dynamic present, with our comprehensive Famous Walk: Hidden Berlin & All the Main Sites tour, while those looking for a more detailed history may wish to try out one of our specialised tours, such as the Third Reich, Cold War, Jewish Berlin, Potsdam and Sachsenhausen tours or our twice-weekly day trip to Dresden.We look forward to welcoming you to Berlin!
Berlin, Germany
“Fantastic cold war tour, interesting, engaging and entertaining.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We have just spent a fantastic 4 hours discovering about the Cold War with Barnaby on the Behind the Wall Insider Tour. This was a well informed and highly engaging tour which we would recommend to anyone interested in the extraordinary history of this city. Even in the rain and wind it was great.
Ruth, Nigel Hannah Eva

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Stuttgart, Germany
“Best Tour Ever -- with "Mike" as Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Mike did the tour on August 10, 2011. He is a true historian and has a passion for passing on Berlin history on the Insider Berlin Walking Tour. Leave from the Berlin Zoo U-Bahn 9 stop, at the Mc Donalds across the street from the the zoo.

Melbourne, Australia
“Best tour guide ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011 via mobile

Got two tours while in Berlin this July and I was lucky to have Mike as a guide on both of them.
Funny and knowing to the book german and european history I had the chance to listen to a history lesson along the most famous site of WWII.
The best way of visiting Berlin and to understand those terrifying and fascinating times.
Thanks Mike and thank you Berlin. I will be back.
Regards from Melbourne
Dan

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Third time in two years - and already looking forward to doing it again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

For the last two years I have taken school-parties on the Insider Walking Tour of Berlin, and this summer I was able to do it with my partner as part of our holiday in Berlin. All the guides I have had on this tour have always been very knowledgeable, interesting and personable. They also have an uncanny ability to make the best of any weather in Berlin - I have still enjoyed tours in -16 degrees C snow in Winter and torrential thunderstorms in Summer! The guides on Insider Tours always bring their unique approach to the tours - meaning even after three tours I am still learning new things about the history of Berlin.

Definitely recommended - excellent value. 10 Euros for 4 hours - bargain!

Timisoara, Romania
“Third Reich Tour in Berlin with Mike”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

During my last visit in Berlin, I decided to book this walking tour in Berlin with Insider. Our guide was Mike originally from New Zealand. Without any exaggeration, Mike is a walking encyclopedia regarding the Third Reich history. Enthusiastic and friendly, Mike is one of the best tour guides that I ever met. I would strongly recommend an Insider tour if you are planning a visit to Berlin.