“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Castell

You added Hotel Castell to your Saves list
Hotel Castell
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wielandstrasse 24, 10707 Berlin, Germany (Charlottenburg)   |
Ranked #381 of 665 Hotels in Berlin
Barcelona, Spain
“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had an awful experience with them. I had an issue with my booking and tried emailing them and they simply stopped replying to my emails. I tried calling on multiple occasions and the reception was not helpful at all. I left my phone number with the reception to have them call me back and no one called me. I am very displeased with their customer service. They were not accommodating or helpful in any way. Worst customer service I have ever experienced.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My sister and I had a four night stay at The Castell. Originally we only booked in for two nights but were so taken with Berlin and the Hotel we extended our stay. We found all the reception staff extremely helpful, the room was clean and cosy, breakfast was excellent, and the night receptionist, Edward was also kind and friendly ( and we liked that he was able to sell us wine from the fridge!). The only negative was no tea making facilities in the room, but we were told that we could ask for hot water at any time for tea making. We would not hestitate to recommend this lovely hotel. It is good value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The hotel is in a good location with lots of places to eat close by and within easy reach of Public transport to the main attractions it is close to a main bus route from the Airport, the hotel itself needs some attention. Our room was next to reception and was noisy at times. The breakfast was ok, the staff were friendly , however , given the choice we wouldn't stay there again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Regular old-fashioned, private berliner hotel.
Location totally awesome by the Ku'damm.
Breakfast was good for the price, the room exceeded our expectations.
3-bed-room was large and the beds were big and sturdy enough for 180cm/90kg men.
Waking up late had it's revenge in lack of warm shower water, though. Otherwise room and bathroom were very clean and nice.
Friendly service, also in english.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hamburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Bed: very good, Breakfast: very-very good, Stuff: very nice, Building: charming, especially try the elevator
Not very good: audibility of evtl. noisy neighbours next door

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

You get what you paid for and here even a little more. This hotel is worn, but it still offers good value and surprisingly good breakfast. Location is good. Not everything is working, but nothing is unbearable. Hotel is clean, but I never had a untidy room in Germany, not even in a 8 Euro single room in Bavaria. So if you are on a tight budget and are looking for a place to lay your head and don't need the atmosphere of a hostel, this is a good option.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Helsinki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed as a solo traveller in Hotell Castell in September for four nights. I wanted to stay in a budget hotel at a reasonable distance from Das Deutsche Oper. The surroundings were elegant due to the Kurfuerstendamm Street. It took about 5 minutes to walk to the S-bahn station Savignyplatz.
The friendly reception was on the 2nd floor. My double room was on the 3rd floor. I got three keys to the hotel: one for the street, one for the corridor and one for the room. The steps were steep. The old fashion elevator carried two persons. My room was spacious but the double and the extra bed took most of the space. The furniture was partly cheap looking. The bathroom was renovated. I had a view to a peaceful courtyard. The floor made some noise. There was a minor bad smell in the room. The breakfast room was nice and the selection of breakfast food was good.
I could stay in this hotel another time if my main interest concerning the tourist attractions would be in this area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Castell? Share your experiences!