“Still good quality accommodation in Berlin” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #129 of 665 Hotels in Berlin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Still good quality accommodation in Berlin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

My second stay at this hotel - the last being nearly two years ago. The location is very good - walking distance from Alexanderplatz and close to the U Bhan. The rooms are comfortable and pratical. The US styled Wall Street theme is a bit tacky but does not detract from the hotel. The breakfast is plentiful and the bar a funky and enjoyable place to have a late evening night cap.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
SPraxmarer, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Kevinpng,

Thank you for sharing feedback via Tripadvisor.com concerning your recent stay in our hotel in Berlin. It is nice to read that you returned to the hotel after two years. Furthermore it is nice that you liked our hotel about its location, breakfast and bar. There is indeed chosen for a practical US styled Wall Street theme, which can be interpreted differently by each guest and what makes the hotel in its own way unique. In name of the entire hotel staff, we are happy to welcome you back in the Park Plaza Wallstreet hotel in Berlin. Kind Regards, Sabine Praxmarer, Guest Relations & Duty Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had a brilliant stay here from the start when greeted by welcoming,professional and courteous staff on reception to the same at checkout and all the time in between the room was spotless and tea/coffee/milk replaced when used and the bed was excellent and also plenty of wardrobe/cupboard space

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel before and due to the excellence of staff and ideal location I have always overlooked minor details that bring down the over all rating of the hotel. Carpets look a little tired and paint (especially in the bathrooms) peeling. Biggest issue was the shower. On both occasions the shower head was barely able to be propped up. Ended up having a shower crouched down like I was four foot. Our recent visit ended with my wife reduced to tears in the lobby. Upon checking out we were informed that we would have to pay damages of €100 euros for a red stain on the carpet. Farcical enlarged photo produced of alleged stain. Went back to hotel room and couldn't see the stain. They decided instead to charge us for staining in the bathroom (my wife has dyed hair) €30. Fair enough there was some staining and despite the fact it would easily be removed with a clean I accept the charges. However there is a significant difference between €100 and €30.The way staff handled it was shocking. They made us feel like we had trashed the place and it ruined our whole trip. €30 is a petty price to pay for losing a customer in my opinion.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
SPraxmarer, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear DoodleDoop,

Thank you for sharing feedback with regards to your recent stay in the Park Plaza Wallstreet hotel in Berlin. First of all I would like to mention that we are happy that you returned to our hotel, but, it is very unfortunate for me to hear that you will never stay with us again. Secondly to my regret we heard that you were not able to adjust the shower head to your length. As stated in a personal email to you, we are very sorry for all the inconvenience caused. Due to a miscommunication we charged you additional cost for stain removal. As this was not the case we again apologize and will reinstate you the additional charge today. Please contact me personally for any future stays. I will personally see to it that you will enjoy your future stay. Kind Regards, Sabine Praxmarer, Guest Relations & Duty Manager.
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Spent a weekend at this hotel during a conference with a larget group of people. The hotel is quite big and the only drawback we noticed was the food: breakfast and lunches.

The breakfast is quite basic compared to what I'm used to. Typically continental breakfast but from time to time empty trays and bowls, the staff did not keep up with the guests eating.
The lunch was even worse with very basic lunch. I recommend eating somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
SPraxmarer, Manager at Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear MNordgren,

thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I am happy to hear that in general you liked our hotel and had a pleasant stay. I want to apologize for the fact that breakfast and lunch was not like you expected. I will forward this comment to the F&B team to improve our high service standards in the future.
On behalf of our entire staff I want to thank you for your business and I hope to get the chance to welcome you back at the Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte.

Kind regards
Sabine Praxmarer
Guest Relations & Duty Manager
Thessaloníki, Thessaloniki, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at this hotel 5 nights.The breakfast is excellet and the location near metro at the centre of Berlin is very good.The personel is helpfull.The only problem is that it should be cleaner.The carpet all over the hotel needs better cleaning and my blanket was burned and yellow at some points.I went at reception and asked them to change it.Despite this,I think that I would stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
SPraxmarer, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Maria K,

Thank you for sharing feedback through Tripadvisor.com regarding your most recent stay in Berlin. I am happy to read that you liked the breakfast and the central location of our hotel.
Also, I would like to thank you for leaving positive feedback about the service of our staff members. Concerning the fact of the cleanliness within the rooms you mentioned, I am sorry to hear that the carpet had some dirty stains. As hotel we are aware of this and I would like to inform you that a cleaning company regularly cleans our carpets, so we always try to remove these stains as quickly as possible. The information you gave us about the blanket is very helpful and therefore I personally passed it to our housekeeping department.
In name of the entire staff of the Park Plaza Wallstreet hotel, I can say that we are pleased to welcome you again in Berlin.

Kind regards,

Sabine Praxmarer, Guest Relations & Duty Manager.
Neuchatel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel offers an average experience - ultimately room prices drive the level of service.

On a slightly more positive note, the location was convenient to the underground which meant getting to see the major places of interest was easy.

We did a bus sight-seeing tour on the first day and not only thought this very worthwhile and informative but, all very reasonably priced.

The highlight of the trip was visiting the Reinstag from which we enjoyed commanding views over the city and the architecture of Sir Norman Foster.

We ate out every night and found a good selection of restaurants that were well priced.

Back to the hotel - First impressions was that the entrance to the hotel was a little scruffy and unswept however, this is not so much a reflection on this hotel, as the whole of Berlin. It was later said to us that "if we wanted to visit a pretty german city we should have gone to Hamburg".

Rooms and decor are clean and adequate but uninspiring. Our
Room was spacious but, we were often woken by the banging of corridor doors during the night. Staff are pleasant but not exceptional.

The cooked breakfast is typically continental with the addition of a cooked breakfast option however the apparent quality meant that I gave this a miss.

Our lasting impression of Berlin is of a somewhat grey city with interesting architecture. There was little colour, flowers (we were there in Spring), lots of litter and lots of grafitti everywhere.

Nevertheless, we were pleased that we made the trip as it is such a historical place however, we will not return.

Stayed April 2015
Dear GR8BRT10,

Thank you for leaving feedback behind with regards to your recent stay in our hotel via tripadvisor.com. I am happy to see that the stay was to your liking and that you experienced our central location in berlin, directly in front of U-Bahn U2.

Furthermore it is interesting to read that you like Berlin about its historical background and interesting architecture, but on the other hand consider it is a grey and scruffy city with lots of graffiti. Each person has its own interpretations about these characteristics of the city, which differentiates Berlin from other cities. These “Berliner” characteristics are also in the design of the hotel, which is seen as one of our main points of differentiation.

I am sorry to hear that the banging of the doors during the night disturbed your sleep, our night shift staff is there during the night to prevent problems and to keep it as calm as possible. It is a shame to hear that the quality of the food did not met your expectations, when it comes to breakfast, we are maintaining a certain standard and always take feedback in consideration.

On behalf of the entire Park Plaza Wallstreet crew, we are pleased to welcome you again in our hotel in Berlin and to make your future stay as wonderful as possible.
Kind Regards,

Sabine Praxmarer, Guest Relations and Duty Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We've been there last May for 3 days. Location is ok, about 15 min walking distance from Alexander platz or 3 u bahn stations. Rooms are comfortable with stylish furniture and each have unique design. Staff on reception is quite helpful, I was expecting fitness in hotel since this was written in description and also for bike rental you have to go to another hotel in neighbourhood. I can't comment about breakfast because we didn't choose this option,but is left to hotel about 100m bakery where they have delicious stuff. We choose breakfast for two for 14,90, and you get a looooot and it is fresh baked. Mmmmmmm.

So hotel is ok and unique because of rooms but otherwise as many other hotels.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
SPraxmarer, Manager at Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear HereAndThere1311,

thank you for your detailed feedback on TripAdvisor.
I appreciate your positive comments regarding the surroundings, our unique and stylish rooms and our helpful staff.
I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that our fitness area and sauna is located in the basement. I want to apologize for the fact that you did not get this information at check in.
I am sad to hear that we could not meet all your expectations during your stay and I hope to get the chance to welcome you back at the Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte to convince you of our high service standards.

Kind regards
Sabine Praxmarer
Guest Relations & Duty Manager

Been to Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte? Share your experiences!