“back from berlin” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm

You added Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm to your Saves list
Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Augsburger Strasse 41, 10789 Berlin, Germany (Formerly Hotel Concorde Berlin)   |
Special Offer
Magnifique breakfast
Ranked #17 of 662 Hotels in Berlin
Tel Aviv, Israel
“back from berlin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Great hotel in the center of the city shopping area,
It's a great surprise to get to an hotel that looks like the photos on the internet.
Great value for price, clean, beautiful and in great location.
has a U station near.
direct bus from Tegel air port (109).
The breakfast is great also

Room Tip: eight floor and above have great city view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Hotel Concorde is across the street from the Ku'Damn metro station in the heart of Berlin's shopping and entertainment district. When I arrived at the hotel for a 7 day stay the woman at the front desk encouraged me to upgrade my room for an extra 10 euro a night to a deluxe room which would be much larger so I said yes. And boy am I glad I did! On the 9th floor the room was huge! Larger than a suite in most other hotels. I had 5 windows overlooking Berlin - it was heaven. As was the over the top breakfast buffet (also included in thE rate) the only time I have ever seen a breakfast spread like this was in Thailand where they are known for there over the top buffet breakfasts. Not only was the breakfast amazing so was the staff at the restaurant greeting me after my first visit and always remembering my room number. I would be out till 4 in the morning and make sure I would wake up not to miss this breakfast. The room as I have said was palatial and the cost very reasonable. The staff were all great. I love this hotel. The only slight criticism I would make was that I found the internet would time-out so it sometimes was challenging to upload media, but ultimately not a big deal. I heartily recommend this hotel and really look forward to visiting Berlin once more so I can stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Roskilde, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed here for the Marathon weekend and was happy overall.
The pros:
Perfect location, great staff, huge very nice and quiet room. Free wifi. The hotel was well kept and our room was spotless clean.

The minor cons:
We brough a friend with us and she had to pay 60 euro pr. night for an extra bed.
There was no coffeemaker in the room, I have never experienced this before in a 4 or 5 star hotel with staying with to coffee junkies, we really missed it.

We will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed five nights for the Berlin Marathon. The staff is just superb. Every staff member I encountered was uniformly gracious, friendly, and helpful, without being pretentious or condescending. All requests were quickly and cheerfully accommodated.

The location is exceptionally convenient (though the neighborhood is less appealing than Mitte). The hotel is half a block off the Ku'damm, on a quiet side street, with innumerable bars, restaurants, and shopping opportunities very close by. The Ku'damm U-Bahn station is right outside, and the Zoo Garden train station a seven minute walk away. From Zoo Garden, all of Berlin is within easy reach.

I stayed in a club level room. The room itself was good sized and very well laid out. The bathroom was especially large and well appointed. Berlin is not really a view city, but I do recommend getting a room on a higher floor so that you're above the surrounding buildings. I did notice the absence of a coffeemaker and an iron/ironing board, however. I also found the bed a bit hard and the quality of the bed linens perhaps not up to the rest of the hotel.

The breakfast is amazing. Great quality and selection and super friendly service.

The club lounge was small but nicely furnished with a pleasant view. Food offerings were a bit thin. Staff was super friendly. I'm not sure lounge access is worth the extra charge given the meagre food selection. I did get room service one night. The service was great and the food (wiener schnitzel) was awesome.

I really enjoyed my stay here and would absolutely return on my next visit to Berlin.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel is a great value in the middle of bustling Berlin. Not only is the location great but the hotel is quite luxurious. Should you need help with restaurants, or just ideas of the must visit locations, you cannot go wrong with the hotel's staff. It's only a few blocks to the famous KaDeVe and some great restaurants are nearby. Another plus is the restaurant, the food is outstanding! Highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

we came to Berlin for the Christmas markets, and decided to stay here, after a previous stay.if you come or that, know that there is a big such market next to the hotel.
very elegant hotel, with big rooms, and great location (for us), right near the KaDeVe, and a walk from the subway station of the Zoo.
in our previous stay, which was not in the high season, we got complimentary 30 euros per night of stay to be used in the Hotel's bar - which, given its very reasonable prices (un-like many hotel bars world-wide) - we really had trouble to run through in full...:)
you also get free Internet, and the staff is very helping and friendly.
there is a Vapiano branch right out of the door - so you can always find something good to eat even without the need to travel.
when i'll be back in Berlin, this will be out top priority hotel, if the prices remain within reach.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We spent 4 nights here in conjunction with the Berlin marathon and found the hotel not only to be conveniently situated in one of the three city centers but also had no real complaints about the stay. Our room was 326 with a view of another hotel across the street. One nice feature was that you can reach the hotel from Tegel Airport in around 40 minutes for mere 2.6 euros. What a deal. Yes, it is a public bus that makes a lot of stops but if you have minimal luggage that is a bargain way to travel to/from that airport.

Although we occupied a standard room it was large in comparison to other hotels in Europe. Amenities included a desk, 3 chairs, lights that could adjust in many positions, two beds together that were quite comfy, plenty of storage and closet space, a good size safe and reliable frig.

The a/c seemed semi-reliable in the transition season from warm to cool weather. Housekeeping staff seemed to find the room hot and always left the window open and a/c on, while we left heat on high.

If you want linens changed you must place a card on the bed. The first day we did not notice because the card was in German with English hidden on the back. Once we figured it out, other were no issues. The room was one of the quietest we have experienced. Staff were eager to assist.

The room had a flat screen TV but most important was free wifi which was very reliable. Light switches in the room should be labeled especially illuminated for proper night selection. The hotel also let us use a 220 to 110v adapter without charge. There is a clock with small numbers embedded in the TV which would help to be seen at night if the numbers were much bigger.

The bathroom was quite large with a separate shower and toilet area divided by sliding doors from a bathtub and sink room. Breakfast was really good with plenty of choices, though I recommend passing on the hot chocolate. The hotel location is adjacent to the U-Kurfurstendam subway which makes accessing all tourist attractions easy. Each bus or subway ticket is valid for one way only in general although there is a variety of subway ticket purchase options. In short, I cannot say enough good things about the hotel.

Room Tip: I cannot comment on this.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm? Share your experiences!