“Hotel Concorde Fantastic Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm

You added Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm to your Saves list
Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Augsburger Strasse 41, 10789 Berlin, Germany (Formerly Hotel Concorde Berlin)   |
Special Offer
Magnifique breakfast
Ranked #17 of 663 Hotels in Berlin
london
“Hotel Concorde Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We spent 3 nights in the hotel, the experience was fantastic from the moment we checked in to the time we left, we felt we were in good hands, the staff are attentive, friendly and accommodating.
The hotel is well positioned and clean, the breakfast was brilliant. It was a pleasure to stay there, we will return.

Room Tip: Go for the Executive Suites - they are fantastic!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HCBBerlin, General Manager at Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear mikerundle,

Thank you so much for your compliments about the attentive staff.
I already passed this to my team which is very proud about that
review.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards,

Carsten Colmorgen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Beverly Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

spacious, immaculate rooms with good work space and multiple power outlets. extremely comfortable bed with choice of pillows and luxury bedding. wonderful bathrooms with classy amenities. helpful and courteous front desk staff.

Room Tip: most rooms have unrestricted "view", but ask...just in case.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sam E,

Thanks very much for your great review. I am happy to read that you
had such a good time.

Hope to see you soon here Berlin!

Best wishes,

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff! Let me change to another room in a jiffy and kept spa open after 23:00 just for me on my request. Just great!
All areas including rooms, fitness, spa are clean and tidy. Breakfast excellent. Spacious bath room, fully equipped. The perfect hotel in Berlin-West. Will go there again.

Room Tip: Although there are no really small rooms, those with street view seem to be a bit more spacious. The...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HCBBerlin, General Manager at Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Andy W,

Thanks so much for your very positive review,
I am happy that we were able to convince you with
our service and attidtude.

Hope to see you soon again here in Berlin!

Stockholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

...in this four star hotel. Yes, I write four stars even if the hotel gives it self five stars. Very strong four stars.The reason is simple.

Even if the deluxe rooms are large whit modern design they lack the five stars emenditys in the bath room and bed room. In the bath room for example the free shampoo is of mediocre quality. There is no balsam, no conditioner. The shower is fixed in the cealing so you cant just shower your body and not the head. If you want to do that you must use the hand shower in the bathtoube (made of plastic) and because there is no isolation glas a lot of water finish on the floor. But the bath room of it self is very large whit two sinks and a lot of towels. The bath robe and slippers are of great quality.

The dubble bed is not of five star quality eather. It is made of two single bed put together but it is large of size and very comfortable. The bed sheets are of ok quality.

I allso could hear a drunk greman woman one night laughing and screming and enjoying her self whit her man, througe the ventilation system, in to my room. I only heard that for one night so it was more funny than disturbing. I luckly had brought my ear plugs so i sleept well anyway.

The spa is a joke. It has a little gym, a relax area whit four beds in a minimal room that stood so close together that you had the feeling that you was in the same bed with the people beside you. There was also a Finnish sauna and a steam sauna which were both of high quality. Then there was an incredibly ugly minimal whirlpool that took up almost all of the small shower room space. The water in the pool was dirty with flouting hair in it. Although I must say that the rest of the hotel was very clean.

Why do I say the hotel is a four stars whit five star service? Well because the service is the best I have ever had. I have stayed at several five-star hotel, so I know what five stars are to be. Concord Berlin has a staff that is second too none. Never had better service.

The breakfast was amazing. Their free french sparkling wine is strongly recommended. The staff is competent and service minded. For only 16 euros per person so it is strongly recommended. Otherwise, there was also a cheaper breakfast allternativ in the lobby bar.

Summary: The rooms/spa hold four stars but the rest is five stars. The hotel's location is perfect if you want to be in West Berlin. KaDeWe around the corner. Wide selection of restaurants in the area.
I think I can say that Concord is the second best hotel in west Berlin but if you want realy five stars then you schould try the newly opend hotel by the zoo train station or stay in the Mitte area.

And I allmost forgott the most important. The price of 110 euro per night (more or less) whit breakfast is allso a reason why you should stay at Concord because you cant get any better whit equal or less money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HCBBerlin, General Manager at Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear KrilleofMarco

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay.

We are classified as a 5 star superior hotel from the German Hotel Association which has more that 350 categories to approve.

The amenities in the bathroom are from the French company Annick Goutal. We are using the organic line as we are Green Globe certificated. Sorry that we did not meet your taste.

Body lotion and shower gel are provided in all rooms. Our club rooms and suites have upgraded amenities. I am happy to read that you liked the size of the bathroom which has shower and tub separated in all rooms.

Our mattresses are quality products and in general we are getting very positive feedback from our guests. We have special topping for guests who prefer a softer feeling.

Thanks for your comment on the fitness area. Indeed this is not a spa but a wellness and fitness area. I am very sorry for the misunderstanding. We have regular controls in this area and I am very sorry that the plunge pool was not as clean as you expected.

I am so pleased to read your compliments about my team and I am happy that we provided the 5 star service in this point. This is very motivating for further improvement.

For your next reservation please check our suite and club rates. We are looking forward to welcoming you back here.

Kindest regards

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had a great stay at this hotel the past three nights. On arrival, staff was exceptionally professional and friendly. We had booked the club étoile rooms and were immediately escorted to the 11th floor for separate check in. The room was immaculate and stylish. The club étoile lounge was rather small, but we liked it a lot. We had breakfast "downstairs" twice, which was exceptionally good with everything you could ask for, but I think €28 pp is just too much, even for this! Last morning we had breakfast in the lounge and although choice was of course more limited, it was perfect for us! Cheese, meat, fresh fruit, any choice of eggs, it was all there! Staff at the lounge was amazing! These people were always happy to help and assist you! We ended up spending a lot more time than originally planned and even ordered from the room service menu at this place! In our opinion, the club étoile is definitely worth the extra money!
As far as the rest of the hotel is concerned, everything was top notch! One slight comment on the noise outside at night. We were on the top floor and had to close the window because of the shouting and yelling of people outside. Once closed, we didn't hear a thing, but I suppose this can be worse when sleeping on the lower floors. But you can't blame the hotel for outside noise in this centrally located area, can you?
All in all, a wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: Choose club étoile, you'll have an executive room on the top floors!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
HCBBerlin, General Manager at Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear deedee-2004,

Thank you so much for your great review - I am very happy to read
that you spent a fabulous time in the Club Lounge on the 11th floor.
Thanks for your compliments to the staff and the service. I already
passed it to the entire team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Club Etoile!

Best Wishes

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

this was an amazing location! rooms were HUGE and so spacious and bathroom was soooo big as well. wifi worked great, they give you the login as soon as you check in. breakfast was super good. for the price and location, this hotel is a steal! would definitely book here again if i was to visit berlin anytime soon! still dream of it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Reeema07,

Thanks so much for your very positive review!
I am glad that you had such a good time and
enjoyed your stay.

Hope to see you soon again here in Berlin!

Best Wishes

Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Very good bed/mattress and a big bathroom. Professional and friendly service, and you always felt welcome. Comparing to standard,price and location,I gladly return to this hotel. I am travelling a lot during a year, and the breakfast is among one of the best I have eaten for years.

Room Tip: .Rooms away from the main street are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear 30JohanB30,

I am so happy to read about your very positive impressions.
Thanks for your compliments about the friendly service and
the breakfast.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best Wihes

Carsten Colmorgen

Been to Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm? Share your experiences!