“Cosy and clean appartment with a great location” 5 of 5 stars

Old Town Apartments - Schoenhauser Allee
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Schoenhauser Allee 5, 10119 Berlin, Germany   |
Ranked #71 of 323 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Espoo, Finland
“Cosy and clean appartment with a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We had a 84sqm appartment in Schönhauser Allee 5. The appartment was spacious and clean. It had two bedroom, living room, a kitchen and bathroom. This appartment is good for families and a group of friends or couples. The location is great. It is near Aleksanderplatz, which has good shopping facilities. In addition, there are several delicious restaurants with reasonable prices near to the appartment. I would recommend this appartment. Everything went great. Staff was friendly and helpful. A great place to stay in Berlin!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

I’m giving it the lowest possible rating fairly or otherwise. I booked it specifically because in the photos it showed a shower. The apartment we were given had only a bath. As it was for a group I was embarrassed. When I called the Old Town Apartments company I was told ‘it must be broken’ and I said well no there is no shower. I was promised a call back. Funnily enough I got no call back, when I rang back his tone had changed to ‘no pictures on Expedia s show a shower, you’re wrong’ (which is false but where did facts ever get anyone in an argument). There wasn’t much point carrying on the conversation after he’d decided to blame me. Beyond that it’s a tired apartment with threadbare tiny towels. Very noisy street. Ok otherwise. Would like to go back to Berlin but will never use Old Town Apartments or Expedia.

Room Tip: Don't believe the pictures, it may not have a shower.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed at this apartment for four nights. Although it is located in a nice neighbourhood it is flanked by a "House of Horrors" Bar on one side and a Shisha Bar on the other side. The smell of the water pipes wafts through to your apartment whether you like it or not. Given its immediate neighbours, noisy nights are a given. To make matters worse during our stay a very noisy group was also staying there. They threw a "shrieking and doors banging" kind of party until the wee hours of the morning. We called management asking them to intervene but I am sure nothing was done because the party finally died down at ~ 4:00. Unfortunately the maintenance crew was at work, with a whipper-sniper at 8:00 am sharp, making it for a rather short night of sleep. Other nights were better, but the noise from the neighbours is inevitable.

The apartment is really clean and well appointed. It is important to call ahead of arrival, so they come and open the door for your. Overall the place has some problems that are difficult to control (immediate neighbours) but some that they could do something about (like shutting up loud parties). I would not stay at the place again and would not recommend to friends and especially those with young families.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Modern apartment Ideal for friends or family sharing with basic kitchen facilities. Our apartment was on the 4th floor but be aware there is no lift. Found fantastic restaurants and cafés locally and was perfect for exploring the city and environs.

Stayed July 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

This apartment is the perfect place to stay when visiting Berlin! Its close to attractions, shopping and great reastaurants. We stayed at schoenhauser alle 5 but check in was at meltzer str. 8 just 5 minutes away by walk, we asked People to get us there so it was really easy. We got our own kitchen so we had breakfast at home before hitting town, it was perfect! You also get bedlinen & towels and they clean when you leave. I would really recommend this apartment to others!! 4 persons, 4 nights for just ?500.

Bristol United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Me, my fiance and is friend were Driving around Europe from England. Berlin was our second stop. To be honest there wasn't much we wanted to do in Berlin so we only stayed for one night.

We got there quite late and the man actually waited for us which was nice & very friendly. Parking is limited? But we found a space about 5 minute walk away.

I was a bit disappointed really as I had a 20kg suitcase and there was no lifts!! We were only on the second floor I managed to drag my suitcase up the first floor but then gave up.

The room was OK. Very basic I don't know why I just wasn't looking forward to sleeping there, but it was absolutely fine. Quite a good sleep!

The room was open plan with 3 single beds.
With kitchen and dining room - Kitchen was all equipped but we didn't use any of it.

I have no complaints to be honest it was fine for one night.

We went out when we got there, it was dark it was quite hard to find our way around but ended up in a pizza place was very nice.

We seen the Berlin wall in the morning then went to Poland.

Theres not much to say as we were only here one night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Rochester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed in the apartment for for a stag weekend. Apartment was basic 3 rooms , 3 beds to a room. Communal kitchen and bathroom between the 3 rooms. There was tea and coffee in the room. Also cutlery, pots and pans and an ironing hoard.

Apartment is a 10 minute walk from the market square which has lots of bars and restaurants. The square also has the Kilkenny Irish pub which shows live football. Next to our apartment was the Marrakesch shipshape lounge which was where I spent most of my time, it has an excellent atmosphere and is not to be missed. Check out my review on the Marrakech for more detail.

Tips/things to be aware off

Take towels with you, only small towels were supplied which were a nightmare.
If you want a proper cup of tea take some tea bags with you.
To save money on food there is a supermarket 2 minutes down the road.
Watch out for cyclists as they have lanes on the pavement.
Whene you arrive they will want a 35euro deposited from each person based on 8-9 people in an apartment. Any other questions message me.

Room Tip: If you are on the third of fourth floor there is a lot of stairs and no lifts so if you struggle the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Old Town Apartments - Schoenhauser Allee? Share your experiences!