As mentioned in earlier Tripadvisor reviews we called the office 10 min before arrival because we did not want to wait. The person told us very nicely we could call him again at arrival and so we did. Within 10 min he was there on his bike to show us around and we got the Mozart appt on the 3rd floor.
There were 2 reasonable large bedrooms (5 separate beds with very god matrasses and pillows), a large living room, kitchen and bathroom/toilet. The appt is scarcely decorated, a flat screen tv with not much channels, but who cares. The kitchen is well equiped with electric stove, small refrigerator and magnetron. You get a free wireless code per device, so make sure you know how many devices to connect (laptop, tablet, 2 phones, etc). You can park for €5/day near the appt if you have the emission sticker, if not you can park the car a little further for €20/day. Be aware not to drive around then, because the fine w/o this sticker is €40.
The bathroom had clean towels, but the bathfoam was empty.. If you cross the Tor strasse, you'll find lots of reasonable restaurants from which I can recommend Yam-yam (Korean). The location is on walking distance from Alexander platz.
We enjoyed our stay at this appt, value for money but don't expect the luxury of a hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Old Town Apartments - Schoenhauser Allee Hotel
- Old Town Apartments - Schoenhauser Allee Hotel Berlin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the most popular Berlin district, Mitte, our apartment house boasts the old Berlin-style flair. Built in 1900, the entire building was completely renovated in 2000. Beautiful paintings in the staircase emphasize the individual style of the building. The apartments themselves are characterized in particular by their size. Families or groups of friends can especially benefit from the spacious layouts. All apartments are arranged around a landscaped courtyard. The apartments in the front building feature a street-side balcony. All apartments have fully equipped kitchens, bathrooms with tubs or showers and a free wireless-internet connection. Towels and bed linen are provided.Within walking distance of our apartment house are the Hackescher Markt area and Alexanderplatz, with the TV Tower and Museum Island. Our apartments offer the ideal base for exploring Berlin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Old Town Apartments - Schoenhauser Allee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.