Four of us stayed in the Strauss Apartment in this building for a weekend last month. The apartment building is in an excellent location and we walked almost everywhere. It's about a 15 minute walk to Alexanderplatz, and about 20 minutes in the other direction to the flea market in Mauer Park. The street itself has some great bars and restaurants (try the Due Forni Pizzeria!) and some excellent supermarkets and coffee shops.
The apartment is large, bright and airy, spotless and well equipped. We received a nice welcome and checked in and out without any problems. The building itself is perfectly safe and again very clean. We paid by credit card in their Metzer Strasse office (just around the corner) and again the Staff there were very friendly with loads of good tourist information for us.
So why only 3 stars? Well, two of our party had a bedroom facing on to the street, and because of the bar on the ground floor didn't get one night's decent sleep. It is to be expected that bars are going to be noisy at weekends, but if there was a warning about the noise issue on the website when I booked, then I certainly didn't see it.
I would have no hesitation about booking with this agency again, but if I chose an apartment in this building I would be sure to stipulate that it would not be facing the street. A bad night's sleep definitely impairs your enjoyment of a holiday and three noisy nights in a row is a bit hard to take!
- Also Known As:
- Old Town Apartments - Schoenhauser Allee Hotel
- Old Town Apartments - Schoenhauser Allee Hotel Berlin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the most popular Berlin district, Mitte, our apartment house boasts the old Berlin-style flair. Built in 1900, the entire building was completely renovated in 2000. Beautiful paintings in the staircase emphasize the individual style of the building. The apartments themselves are characterized in particular by their size. Families or groups of friends can especially benefit from the spacious layouts. All apartments are arranged around a landscaped courtyard. The apartments in the front building feature a street-side balcony. All apartments have fully equipped kitchens, bathrooms with tubs or showers and a free wireless-internet connection. Towels and bed linen are provided.Within walking distance of our apartment house are the Hackescher Markt area and Alexanderplatz, with the TV Tower and Museum Island. Our apartments offer the ideal base for exploring Berlin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Old Town Apartments - Schoenhauser Allee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.