Mine was a business trip but I wanted to tag on a bit of sight-seeing and this hotel was a great choice. The hotel is only half an hour by train from the important Siemensstadt business area and as other reviewers have said puts you within easy walking distance of many famous Berlin sights.
The hotel is easy to get to by public transport and there are shops (big Lidl supermarket round the corner) and restaurants within a couple of minutes walk. I found the reception to be friendly and efficient also my room was clean and comfortable.
I was wondering about the "capsule bathroom" referenced by earlier reviewers but yes they are correct the bathroom is lovely! It cleverly saves space in the room area and looks as though pre-fabricated and built onsite as one piece. Really very nice and it crossed my mind how handy it would be to have one of these at home I liked it so much. Only slight downside was a strange smell from the sink drain but that was likely a one off somehow as nobody else has mentioned it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Berlin Potsdamer Platz is ideally located in the historic district of Berlin. A few minutes walk will take you to Potsdamer Platz with its rich past, the celebrated Check Point Charlie and the Brandeburg Gate. 13 Km from Tegel airport, the hotelhas 146 airconditioned rooms available for booking, underground pay parking, a restaurant, and a bar open 24 hours. Guests on a business trip will appreciate the WiFi Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ibis Berlin City Potsdamer Platz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Berlin Potsdamer Platz Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Potsdamer Platz