“Forget all other steakhouses, quickly!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Argentinean, South American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Forget all other steakhouses, quickly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Most visitors coming from the States might probably think this newly taken over restaurant in Goltzstrasse by an Argentian is nothing really special, but only because they are used to this kind of beef. I havn't had a more perfectly cooked piece of meat all my 48 years. That's it, as simply as that. You'll get this for euro 25,- on top of which you may wnat to add half a litre of their open red from Mendoza and you walk away a better and much happier man/woman. Don't be scared away by the outside colors, they'd been taken over from the previous ownership.

Visited May 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We passed by this restaurant on our way to another. I'm so glad that we came back the next day. We couldn't remember the name and didn't make a reservation but we were able to get a table for two on a Friday night. The host was very pleasant and quickly found us a table. Our waitress was simply lovely. Lots of positive energy and a great smile- rare for Germany.

The menu is in German. Not a problem for me but it was for my non German speaking friend. Our waitress helped us find yummy items to eat. We had beef empanadas and two steaks followed by two outstanding desserts. One of the desserts was the apple caramel pancake. Amazing! It's worth the 20 minute wait (listed on the menu.) It is quite possibly the perfect dessert. It's sweet without being overly so and has a depth of flavor.

The drink list list long and full of fun options. Good wine list too.

Normal German service is efficient but not overly friendly. This place had a nice mix of the two. They weren't in our face every two minutes but they always seemed to be there with a smile when we needed something. Our waitress also came to check on our meal to make sure everything was okay. The host also came by after our main course to make sure everything was okay.

This is not a cheap dinner but it is worth every cent!

Visited May 2013
Berlin, Germany
“Great service, good food, high prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This South American restaurant is situated in the heart of Schoeneberg - one of the calmer and richer central districts of Berlin. The interior reflects that - it is spacious and well designed, creating a nice "quality" atmosphere, although it may get loud if the restaurant is full. We didn't have a reservation but the waitress said you only need one on Fridays and Saturdays (it was Sunday). The service is excellent - fast and very friendly. The food is good, but pretty expensive for what you get. Ceviche is only available as appetizer - the portion is small. Quality-wise it was not as good as the one I had in Lima, but not too far off. The quinoa tabule was good and the empanadas were really great. A little disappointment was that there were no alpaca or lama meat dishes available. I would have loved a good alpaca steak. By far the best part of my dinner was the dessert. Their Flan de dulce de leche is one of the best desserts I have eaten in my entire life. A must have for anyone with a sweet tooth!
Overall, considering the simple nature of South American dishes, this restaurant fails to make an impression for the price that you pay.Yes, the food was good and service was excellent, but if I had to invest 50 EUR for dinner - I'd choose something else, because Berlin has a lot to offer in that price range.

• Visited April 2013