“Best Place We've Ever Stayed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Das Stue

You added Das Stue to your Saves list
Das Stue
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Drakestrasse 1 | Tiergarten, 10787 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)   |
Ranked #6 of 662 Hotels in Berlin
Tucson, Arizona
“Best Place We've Ever Stayed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Upon our arrival, we were welcomed by the nicest young doorman. Our whole time at the hotel felt like the ultimate experience of lovely employees who seemed truly interested in our having a good time and really getting to know Berlin.

Our room overlooked the ostriches and horses. But the neatest thing about it was the design. All the closets and storage spaces were integrated into the walls in a very contemporary way. The bathroom was cleverly designed as well. Our room was not big, but just right for us.

Our "business breakfasts" were a pleasure as the breads and fruits were fresh and the omelets custom ordered to our morning desires.

Our concierge could not have been more helpful. Plus, the neighborhood is in a most interesting area for walking -- woods one way, a canal another way and beautiful embassy buildings surrounding the area.

Room Tip: A sk for a room with a view of the zoo.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Turkish first
Poznan, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I just loved everything in that hotel (well... almost).
Beautiful interior design, very nice staff and amazing view.
Only thing that still need a little improvement is casual restaurant, because food was good, but not so great.
But after all this hotel was simply fantastic!!!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Excellent hotel. Everything very well done. Breakfast was great, decor was sleek and whimsical in a historic building, and staff were marvelous -- especially Tobias, he is a rock star.

But the star of the show was our room overlooking the zoo. It was crazy. It was our favorite on our nearly three-week vacation. We left the windows open and watched the ostriches and antelope-like things and all their little offspring run around and put on a show.
Simply brilliant.

Room Tip: Grab a bike and go. It's Berlin, that's what you do.
Menlo Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We spent a hundred $ extra and upgraded to a junior suite and it was beautiful. The regular rooms looked very nice and good-sized but the junior suite was HUGE with a gorgeous bathroom, exceptionally comfortable bed, view of the animals in the zoo, tons of storage space, etc. Could not have been happier and would suggest you try and upgrade if you're exploring Berlin for the first time.

This hotel rents bicycles and locks. We didn't realize how bike-friendly is Berlin. From the hotel's location just outside the Tiergarten, it is central to everything. A 15 minute bike ride in any direction and you were at a great museum. So we spent two full days riding bikes, visiting museums, exploring East Berlin, riding to hip neighborhoods, the palace, the art galleries, the Holocaust memorial. We truly could not have had more fun!

The hotel is a great base camp. The bar is wonderful. There's a very nice outdoor space for beer and a smoke. The restaurant tries very hard. The food is okay but it's presented well and thoughtful. And the staff could not have been nicer explaining ways around town, good restaurants etc.

This was our first trip to Berlin and we didn't want to leave. Half of that had to go to Das Stue who made us feel so welcome and comfortable. The other half to the wonderful people of Berlin and their beautiful city. We will definitely be back for both.

Run, don't walk. Das Stue is a keeper!!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the zoo.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your very positive experience at Das Stue. It is great when one can both enjoy the hotel and the wonderful city of Berlin. We agree that the city is perfect for cycling around. And we are happy you were able to enjoy our hospitality so much.

Looking forward to welcoming you back

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

From the moment I arrived I was greeted by the friendly door man. My first night I had a zoo view room. I wanted a room with a bathtub to soak after my long travels so they were kind enough to move my room. The beds are so comfortable. Wonderful bed linens & soft pillows as well. The staff were incredibly accommodating. I was very sick when I arrived to Berlin. Room service prepared a nice soup for me even though it was not on the menu. The hotel arranged for a doctor to visit me in the comfort of my room. They went to the pharmacy & delivered my prescriptions to me. What fantastic service! Not only were the staff so kind but it's a beautiful, unique hotel that's wonderfully decorated with a mix of modern and retro inspired furnishings. The owner of the hotel has one of the best collections of black-and-white photography so wonderfully curated & displayed around the hotel. I could call Das Stue home. They exceeded all of my expectations in a hotel from design, location, customer service, comfort and hospitality. Hands down one of my most enjoyable stays anywhere in the world!

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for having shared your wonderful experience at Das Stue. We are very proud to read your review and so happy that you felt like Das Stue is your home. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was lucky that my company booked me into this hotel on my last trip to Berlin. My room was a bit on the small side but not a problem as I was traveling solo and it had everything I needed. Staff was extremely helpful. Thank you for the nice stay, i come back with my hubby :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the very positive review and we are also happy that your company chose our hotel! We look forward to welcoming you back with your husband.

Earlwood, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed in Berlin for five nights, and found Das Stue through the Design Hotels group. We were instantly drawn to it's beautiful fit-out, location and great reviews.

Service - the Germans know how to deliver great service. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we were treated like royalty. Across the duration of our stay we interacted with the reception, concierge, restaurant, bar and door employees - all with a smile and an eagerness to please.

Our room, Junior Suite from memory, was well-equipped with modern technologies and comforts - an Apple monitor as a tv (in two rooms - the bedroom and lounge area); comfortable chair and seating, great bed (although I will say the pillows - giant as they were - were too soft for my liking); shower with multiple heads (I know, right).

When booking, ask for a room overseeing the zoo - everyone does and its' certainly the room you want - although don't be disappointed if you miss out, there are plenty of places to get a view of the animals from around the zoo gardens.

We'd had breakfast there every day (after thinking we had it included in our cost, which we didn't - d'oh!) which offered quite a selection; we ate at the casual restaurant once (it was nice, but I'd pass it to explore Berlin's other foodie stops) and we skipped Paco's 5 resturant (the reviews seem slightly mixed - plus it's Spanish and we just spent two weeks in Spain!)

Would we stay there again? Hell yeah. We had a great time and again, the service was fab. If you're willing to fork out the funds (it ain't cheap), do it - you won't regret it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your most positive review and for having stayed with us at Das Stue. We are very happy to read that you appreciated all the hotel's facilities and especially the service.

Next time though, do try our Cinco restaurant. It does have a Spanish influence, but the food is exceptional and very creative.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Kind regards

Managing Director

Been to Das Stue? Share your experiences!