“Excellent and welcome addition to Berlin Cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hudson's British Cafe & Cake Shop
Boppstrasse 1 | Kreuzberg, 10967 Berlin, Germany (Kreuzberg)
0157 76827829
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Bagels, Scottish
Neighborhood: Kreuzberg
Neighborhood: Kreuzberg
Brooklyn, New York
“Excellent and welcome addition to Berlin Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

This cafe checks off all the right boxes. I am not the biggest fan of British cuisine (beans on toast, not my thing) but that's just personal taste. If I was a British expat I'd surely be in heaven. They have delicious food and coffee. Their atmosphere is lovely and eating there is a really pleasant experience. I've been back three times.

Berlin, Germany
“Not bad, despite an extremely rude waitress.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Hudson's is a "British" cafe / bakery, selling very nice cakes, breakfasts, brunches etc. I've been there before for tea and cake and had a good experience. However, I took a friend for brunch today and it was a very different experience.

Although we were five minutes late, we got a massive telling-off from an extremely rude waitress, which made us feel most unwelcome. OK, we should have been on time, but the place is not that easy to find, and come on, on a Sunday morning, I think a 5 minute leeway is fair enough. If we'd been 20 minutes late, I would not have expected the table to be saved.

Our bad experience was compounded by the fact that we then waited over 40 minutes for the brunch to arrive, and when it did, it was hardly "piping" hot. The full English consisted of fairly watery scrambled eggs, measly rashers of fatty bacon and some miniscule sausages (along with the usual tomatoes, mushrooms and beans). Pretty disappointing.

My advice would be to stick to their cakes and bakery goods, and not to be late!!

• Visited October 2012