We decided to splurge and spend New Years festivities in Berlin and stay at The Ritz Carlton. We arrived on Dec 29 and stayed 4 nights. We opted for the Club Room so we could enjoy the lounge and the amenities which included free flow drinks - especially champagne. The room was basic but functional. The bed - typical Ritz Carlton and like sleeping in a cloud. I requested some harder pillows in advance , which were waiting on the bed when we arrived. Internet was included and allowed us to use multiple devices at the same time. The Club floor outside the rooms had a strange odour - almost a sewage smell . Could be the drains ? I wonder why the hotel staff did not notice. It was like that the entire stay. The room itself was fine. One compliant I hope the hotel will acknowledge is the constant banging of doors by the floor staff. Housekeeping continually let doors bang behind them and it was most annoying when trying to rest or take a nap. This went on all day and then during turndown service in the evening. The hotel can't control what guests do - but they can ask their " Ladies and Gentlemen" to try to keep the noise down.
The service in the lounge was good but not stellar. Having to wait and ask for drink refills was annoying. The lounge staff would disappear for long periods of time. Often one would be sitting at the desk helping another guest while no one around to serve. Perhaps due to the holiday schedule they were short staffed. Having said said that everyone was polite and struck up conversation when appropriate. They need to do something about the cd's. - they kept playing 40's big band music over and over. It got boring after a while.
The hotel is in a great location and within walking distance to Brandenburg Gate and all the sites. The old Berlin Wall went right outside the hotel door.
The Curtain Bar is a must. Drinks were fantastic. Dinner in the French Bistro was Fantastic and service impeccable.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would go again for Silvester Celebrations!
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin Hotel Berlin
- The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin Hotel
- Ritz Berlin
- Ritz-Carlton Berlin
- Berlin Ritz Carlton
- Berlin Ritz-Carlton
- Berlin Ritz
- Ritz Carlton Berlin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Berlin, on prestigious Potsdamer Platz, within walking distance to the Sony Center, renowned shopping galleries, the Brandenburg Gate, the Diplomatic and Government District and the heart of cultural Berlin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.