“Great staff and Great Location-English Spoken” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chausseestrasse 118-120, 10115 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #302 of 662 Hotels in Berlin
Los Angeles, CA
“Great staff and Great Location-English Spoken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Close to the Brandenberg Gate and Check Point Charlie. The hotel had a clock in the room but no hot water pot. The hotel is 4 star and for me too expensive. I stayed there as part of a tour and they picked it not me. If I was traveling with my family I would stay there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed twice at the Ramada Mitte. It was winter so no need for a terrasse or even for a view as night begins at 4 pm or even earlier in december. The hotel offers only studios or appartments. We tested both and both were excellent. A studio is sufficient fdor a couple. Equipmenent is very modern. The onmy negative would be "too warm" but it was winter...Otherwise, Excellent rooms.
Breakfast is OK maybe a bit expensive.
The hotel has a bar and a restaurant.
The location is just fantastic. Right in the middle of Berlin, near all tansport if you wish to go anywhere (for instance Postdam). Many places to got out just nearby and a really great place : near of many places to visit (Museum Insel, and many many more).
We tested many hotels in Berlin and onlly booked twice here as it was the best : location/serive/price.
The location is really excellent and you can discover a nice neiborhood with places to go out not far away. I would really recommend after having stauyed many times in Berlin

Room Tip: A studio is OK for a couple. Don't know how it is in summertime but for winter anyroom is OK (qu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RAMADA-Berlin-Mitte, Online Reputation at Ramada Hotel Berlin-Mitte, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear ParisVayages,
Thank you for choosing us again. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay as well as our Hotel so much. See you soon.
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel is located a few S-stations away from the main tourist traps, but close to all the nice little streets in the Prentzlauerberg area. The hotel is of a fine standard. Nice rooms, excellent breakfast, friendly staff. Recommended for family as well as business travellers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Majorca, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I dont know how any one has anything negitive to say.
This hotel is great location. A minute walk from Naturemuseum metro. Easy to get into city centre, lovely food areas surrounding it, the beds were comfy, clean, shower was clean big enough for two ;) staff lovely and helpful. Fresh fruit on the reception
Desk everyday.
I think this is a fab place and good price. I will be staying here every time i visit Berlin

RAMADA-Berlin-Mitte, Online Reputation at Ramada Hotel Berlin-Mitte, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Maeve,
Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that we were able to make your stay so pleasant. Hope to see you soon.
deltona florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This could never be a 4 star Hotel. I felt sick when I saw what my 4 star hotel looked like. Everyone has their own desire for what they want in a Hotel. Mine is not a bar, restaurant or breakfast area where it is expensive and as a tourist I would want to snack and later go out and search different restaurants or fast food. My desire would be that my room would be the best area as there is where I would stay the most except for looking around.
If this hotel was very cheap I would think differently. But to pay so much and have so little when there are other hotels that look so nice inside the rooms. That's important to me. I will never stay in a Ramada again in a foreign country. Where I come from Ramada has a high standard. I guess high standard is really the opposite of what I feel it should be. Forget fast wifi...I bought T-Mobile . Nothing was like the way it appeared online. Those of us who understand that it is about quality rather than convenience when it is paying out the big bucks know that this is really a 1 or 2 star hotel.

Room Tip: ask for an iron, they will not ask if you need an iron. Buy plenty of water as there are not any wat...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
RAMADA-Berlin-Mitte, Online Reputation at Ramada Hotel Berlin-Mitte, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We kindly ask you to tell us what you have missed in detail? What should your room have looked like for you? We offer different room types so maybe one of them would have been more suitable for you.
We are really sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectation.
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

After we had booked this hotel I looked at Trip Advisor and felt a bit uneasy (yet again another time I should have looked here first). Reviews were mixed. However, after a four-night stay I can say without hesitation that this is a fine hotel and I would happily stay here again. No issues whatsoever with service, the room, amenities, food, etc. It was clean, things worked smoothly, the breakfast was very good and it was - I thought - pretty good value for Berlin at about €100 a night (with breakfast). The location, only 150 meters from the U-Bahn stop 'Naturkundemuseum' (formerly called 'Zinnowitzer Straße') was great! (An aside - buy the Berlin Card at the train station (or elsewhere) and travel unlimited on all S and U Bahn. It's good value.). If there was any drawback to this hotel it was that my credit card was charged immediately for the stay (i.e. two months before we went) and to this day I am unsure how much of that I would have received back had we had to cancel. Fortunately, we didn't.

Room Tip: There's a construction site to the south and it is hard to avoid the noise anywhere in the back...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Requested a double bed on booking a month ago - went to room to find it was a twin room; which they could have mentioned at check-in. Only way to change room is to ask at reception, they can't even be bothered to check with me.

No iron, only a trouser press (not much use if you need to iron anything other than trousers (male-centric anyone?)

Miniscule bathroom - no toiletries, no heated towel rack

No fridge

Super slow internet, only freely availably by cable, so not able to use wifi on phone to contact anyone.

How is this 4 star - more like 2/3* at best

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RAMADA-Berlin-Mitte, Online Reputation at Ramada Hotel Berlin-Mitte, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We are really sorry to hear that you could not enjoy your stay as expected. As we are not able to check your reservation without any details we can not give any feedback to the occurred situation in behalf of your booking.
The WiFi is available free of charge in the public area of the Hotel. The hotspot will only be charged in the room. Of course on request we also provide you with an iron for your room.
We hope we have the chance to welcome you again to change your mind regarding our service.
Your Team of the RAMADA Hotel Berlin-Mitte // Jeannine Apel - Online Reputation

Been to Ramada Hotel Berlin-Mitte? Share your experiences!