“thumbs up!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #119 of 323 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Sao Paulo, SP
“thumbs up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

super helpful staff, perfect location near checkpoint charlie, big and tidy rooms (even the 10 bed one we stayed in), clean and decent-sized bathrooms... really good service for the price! i'd avoid the diner next door (d!ner67), though; food there can be really blend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was very nervous when chosing to stay at this hostel as it was so cheap, and the fact many of the reviews here weren't very good. However, having stayed at 2 other hostels in Berlin, I found this one was best value for money (thats a reflection on the others charging at least double and being of a similar standard). Also refelecting on the reviews, most of them are based on the pot luck of who you end up sharing with e.g my first night I slept well, my second night there was a snoorer in the room. The hostel was in a good location, the beds were clean and if you used the showers in the morning they were fine too. I came to Berlin to see Berlin and hence a clean warm place to sleep and shower is all I wanted from a hostel and this is what I got. The staff were fine, some obviously nicer than others, but that was true of the other 2 places I stayed too. I liked the fact that you didnt have to keep reconnecting to the wifi as I had to in the other hostels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This one had a very convenient location close to the interesting parts of town and highly agreeable staff that would help you willingly even if they are pulling long shift and their eyes are hardly open ;-)... I can recommend it, especially when you are on the budget :).

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I never bother to write good reviews or bad reviews but in this case i had to share my terrible experience, i failed to come to the hostel one night and was unable to get back before 12 (my check out time) i got back around 3-4 with a bill on my bed 21 euros, so i go to pay and i try to extend and move to a cheaper room. I get an angry german shouting at me calling me a joke because i didn't come back to the hostel all night or in the morning and that i missed my check out time. I explain that i was staying somewhere else and was unable to get back in time and would like to just pay. He kicks me out and i assume bans me saying "'your not welcome here" as i walk out. Overall terrible showers that don't really work, expensive prices for a soft bed a damp small kitchen and a barely passible lounge area. The staff just seemed dis-interested and bored, go anywhere but here.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Our stay here was pleasant because we met a lot of people in the rooms who really enhanced our trip.
The facilities were fine and the staff were okay.
The location was fine as well.
I would recommend heading straight to the LIDL behind the hostel if you're on a budget.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Paying 10 euros a night I was expecting the absolute worst and the showers were pretty awful however once I discovered the common room and kitchen facilities downstairs I realised this hostel was such good value for money, so cheap that it hardly mattered what else happened. I met some great people and the beers at the reception were so cheap that it was worth staying there all night hanging out in the hostel. Great location for sight seeing not so much for nightlife. Would gladly stay there again. One of the best hostels I have stayed at regardless of price.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Spent the month of June inter-railing across Europe with some friends, of the 9 hostels we stayed in "Check In" left the worst impression. The facilities provided were fantastic for the price, but I couldn't believe how unfriendly, and in some cases, antagonistic the staff were. No effort was made to make us feel welcome, cleaning staff would walk into the room without knocking or saying anything, our room was the closest to reception and on a number of occasions the staff would barge in with instant threats of throwing us out. After pleading with them at reception one member of staff even began mocking us. I would like to add that this was the only hostel which had this complaint on our trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Check In Hostel? Share your experiences!