“Superb location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #120 of 316 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Superb location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Marlene is a beautiful room with beautiful view of Berlin. We stayed for 4 nights and completely happy with this apartment, it's surrounded by trendy shop & restaurant and just a few step to the meeting point for many tour operators (Hackescher Markt). I agree with the shower curtain needs to be modified so that the water wouldn't splash the floor. Overall We were satisfied with our stay in this apartment!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed in the Marlene Room in The Loft for 4 days in September 2012. Not only was the room clean and comfy, but Sam and Mel were wonderful to us. Let me explain...It is an apartment building without a doorman and requires keys to gain entry. They helped us coordinate our arrival with Eric and Rocio. Our flight from the US to Berlin was delayed and we had no way to speak to anyone until we arrived. Despite the changes, Rocio met us on time at the apartment with a smile! The airline also lost our luggage and without a cell phone, Rocio let us give them her number. She met the delivery service the next day at the apartment so we would not miss any of our precious travel time in Berlin. Again, she did this gladly!

As far as the apartment unit, it is a small efficiency with a great, comfortable bed, nice linens, and very clean. The view was fabulous. We were able to hear the trains passing by, however our free white noise iphone app took care of everything. The location was central so every angle of the city was easily accessible.

Just to impress us even more, I realized after traveling to another country that I left a favorite belt of mine in the unit. I emailed Sam and she responded promptly and sent it back to me here in the US!

Our Berlin experience could have been easily ruined by our late, unexpected arrival time or even dealing with our lost luggage, but everyone was so great to us! Thank you Sam and Mel! We loved the apartment, but are even more grateful for working with such wonderful Berliners! We highly recommend this space!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed in Isabelle and we reminded of a Manhattan style studio apartment. It was sparse, cool and petite but everything that we needed was there.
Close to the Kreuzberg nightlife I would definitely return.
The only reason I didn't grade Excellent was because the shower curtain was a bit annoying and we kept soaking the floor!
Eric was so helpful and Kreuzberg was awesome!

Room Tip: Isabelle is great if you want cheap & basic. It's two flights up with no elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

From the beginning, I was a bit skeptical about choosing Berlin cribs only because the lack of information and reviews online. I am a huge researcher and this was very important to me but it just looked and sounded so awesome, I just went with it and boy, was I glad I did!

A few days before I was contacted with a bunch of details about the apartment including location, transportation options, meeting arrangements, etc. and Eric was extremely informative and helpful. He also corresponded with me about a few things which I felt was very nice.

A really nice girl came to meet up in the apartment lobby to show us around and introduce us to everything. She was lovely and helpful too. The loft style apartment ("Marlene" room I think it was called) was cozy but functional and the view is incredible! Great antique furnishings including a tv, dvd player AND a dvd collection in the room which was amazing given that I was really sick from travelling and just needed to stay in and rest!
The bed was comfortable and the place was quiet. Great amenities nearby and a nice little book composed of suggestions of stuff to eat/do in the area, a great touch.

My only complaint was that it was extremely hot in there at times. We went in May when the temperatures were quite warm (25+ Celsius) and we could have at least used a fan. But at night, it was manageable. I'm not sure it would be the same in August though.

All in all, a fantastic stay, beautiful apartment and fabulous location!
Would definitely stay again next time i'm in Berlin!

Definitely check out fat tire bike tours right in Alexanderplatz square, they have foot and bike tours departing a few minutes walk away from the place and they were great!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Berlin Cribs Mitte? Share your experiences!