“Amazingly well organized and friendly” 5 of 5 stars

ONE80 Hostels Berlin
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Otto-Braun-Strasse 65, 10178 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)   |
Ranked #51 of 320 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Jurmala, Latvia
“Amazingly well organized and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My biggest interest was - how such a big hostel can keep it all organized? In my stay they here I found that out from very many aspects, but the connecting point is great and professional staff! That goes for - nice people in reception and bar/restaurant/breakfast buffet, keeping up with the cleaning (ladies really nice and polite when I bumped onto them in the room), as well as connections and extra services they offer. Every guest is valued whatever the purpose of the trip might be. Good job!

Room Tip: Stayed in a 4 bed dorm with included facilities - great choice if you want to feel like in a hotel w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AzureProperties, Leiter Gästebetreuung at ONE80 Hostels Berlin, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Anna_Hawk,
thank you very much for your review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay :)
Looking forward to have you stay with us again.
ONE80° Hostel - Berlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I wasn't sure what I would get for the cheap price I was paying but on arrival I was very impressed with the standard of the place. Everything very clean and well kept, staff very friendly and helpful, buy one get one free drinks at happy hour 6-7, comfortable and warm rooms, very good security using electronic keys to get not only into the rooms but also just to access the lift. Lots of secure storage in the dorm rooms for all your stuff. Individual plug sockets, shelf and lamp for each bunk. This was the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in I would love to go back and stay there again.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter, all the rooms are kept to a high standard.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sam C,
thanx very much for your kind words!
Looking forward to have you stay with us again :)

ONE80° Hostel
Prague
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

A friend and I asked for a room directly in the place (didn't book it online) because some friends were staying there too (7th floor, and everything was quite fine in their stay). The thing is that they got a room separate form us, and we got sent to an ensuite 6 bed-room on the 4th floor. During the first night my friend and I got horribly bitten by bed bugs (and by horribly, I mean HORRIBLY). My eye got really swollen and couldn't open it for at least a day. We had to get up in the middle of night to ask for a room change, and well, we got it.

The staff really helped us an apologized (even giving us free breakfast for the next two days), but I would never say it was worth it. After being bitten I checked some reviews online, and at least found one or two about people being bitten. My friend and I got a 6 bed-room for ourselves for the next nights (isolation mode maybe?), but it was too late.

We talked to a manager and she said they would check the situation, but I still would advise you to avoid the 4th floor, specially room 489.

Overall, apart from an angry (day shift) receptionist, the hostel has a pretty good looking building and comfortable beds. It is cheap and located near Alexanderplatz. I would have totally recommended it if it wasn't for this reason.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Denilopezlopez,

we are very sorry for this incident and hope that your eye is back to its regular size. Your opinion is very valuable for us and we would like to make it up to you a bit more. If you are intested than please send me an email: stella@one80hostels.com
We reassure you that we immediately took care of the situation and worked out preventive arrangements.

It would be lovely to have you stay with us again.

ONE80° Hostel Berlin
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

One80 is a great Hostel. I would definately stay there again and would recommend to everybody that wants a cheap place to stay that is located close to anything of importance. I stayed in a 4 bed ensuite room. It was really clean and of a decent size. The bar downstairs was good, drinks seemed to be cheap but you don't realise how much you pay when you are tipsy LOL

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I went to Berlin with my friend and my brother and I don't regret having stayed in this hostel. The 6-bed dorm was really comfy, you've got plenty of space to store your stuff and even the en-suite is huge. Room and bathroom always clean. Downstairs they've got a bar which gets pretty packed at night, so if you just feel like staying in for the night you can still hang out there and have a beer. The photobooth and the fuzzball table are also really fun! The drawbacks of this hostel for me were the wi-fi, which works really poorly and you keep having to get a new login at the reception, and the staff at the bar sometimes were a bit grumpy (for example, one lady once forgot to give me a coke I'd paid for and when I politely asked her she pulled this horrible face at me). They also charge you for things like towels, which are norrmally provided for free at other hostels but it was only 2 euros. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

Room Tip: The rooms ending in 7 (like my room was 197) have a got a bigger bathroom. I checked my brother'...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Awesome hostel, very clean (rooms and bathrooms cleaned daily) and the rooms were a really good size. The bar was great, the drinks prices were average but they had a Happy Hour. They also had a nightclub which was pretty cool. Brilliant location, very central. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We were in a six bed and had an amazing ensuite bathroom.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

It' s very good hostel. The location is the best, almost at the Alexanderplatz.The building is new, modern, the rooms and the whole hostel also. Free Wi-Fi. The hostel have cafe (meeting room) and nightclub.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to ONE80 Hostels Berlin? Share your experiences!