“Hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I found this place by accident while looking up different places to go for a drink in Berlin. I can't believe there aren't more reviews on this place on here!

My boyfriend and I came here on our second night in Berlin and sat in the corner, quietly chatting away, enjoying the piano music playing away.

There's a really nice atmosphere in this place, there were lots of locals and one or two tourists sat down, laughing and chatting together. A really nice place to visit and have a quiet drink.

It's in a really nice location too, train station about 5 minutes away and right on the river front. Drinks are averagely priced too. Would definitely recommend this place! I hope more people come here.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
Berlin, Germany
“One of the best bars in Berlin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We love this place! I have been not too often (3 or 4 times) but I consider it one of the best bars in town.

They make good cocktails and have a decent selection of spirits. Prices are not typical Berlin, but higher (daiquiri is 8.50), but they are delicious. I am not sure you can have something to eat, but the area is full of restaurants.

What makes it a truly beautiful experience is the ambience and the music. There are always jazzy tunes in the air and they also have a piano AND a pianist, who is very, very good. He plays in a relaxed, cool way, almost or himself.

The decor of the place is warm, classy, boehemien, elegant but easy going. I would feel comfortable with a pair of jeans as well as with a cocktail dress. The walls are covered with good imitations of famous paintings (mainly V.G's but not only), there are candles and a terrace on the Spree. I love this place, and my guests (friends and family) also thought it made the night special.

It is so relaxing, charming and beautiful that you would never leave. Perfect for couples as well as friends. Please avoid bringing children, unless they are very quiet. Smoking is prohibited.

• Visited July 2012