Found Citadines ApartHotel easily enough after transferring from the airport by train to the Zoological Gardens and bus to Olivaer Platz. Just a little concerned on approaching the place to see that there appeared to be some major renovation taking place at ground level. But when we walked around the corner our minds were set at rest. From there on, we really enjoyed our stay. The first enjoyable finding was that there is a high quality coffee machine right next to Reception, offering free coffee 7x24. Then our room on the 6th floor was ideal for our purposes. We like to self-cater for breakfast and odd meals, so having a full service self-contained kitchenette, was very welcome. That, combined with a good size supermarket and greengrocer across the street, meant that we were easily able to set up for comfortable, convenient ad hoc meals.
For sleeping, we found the mattress to be of high quality and king size, so slept pretty well. The room is automatically air-conditioned, preset to 20C, which we found too high for our tastes, so we opened an external window, which allowed cooler air (and traffic noise) to waft in. The air-conditioner cuts out when you open a window. But this was preferable for us. The traffic sound was quite tolerable. The bathroom was pretty good too, with good water pressure.
The TV in our room, which we did not use much, was old and poorly positioned. But as this was very low on our priorities, not really an issue.
Internet connection was excellent, which was provided free, after having to read and sign a long 3 page declaration that I would not abuse the service. Maybe its a German thing, I have not seen this before.
The overall location was ideal. Very easy to jump on a bus or train to go in any direction. This, combined with a Berlin Pass, made travelling around a delight. I really recommend buying a Berlin Pass at the airport on arrival. It means that the rest of your travel for the next 3 or 5 days is free. It is a great deal, even includes Potsdam, which we visited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citadinse Kurfuerstendamm Berlin is located in the city center west close to Kurfuerstendamm. Kudamm - as the locals call it - is full with shops, restaurants, boutiques, theatres and cinemas. The Apart'Hotel offers 118 Studios and 1-Bedroom Apartments. The cleverly configured apartments have everything you need for rest, work and play - a comfortable living space that doubles up as a home office with free high speed internet access. All apartments have a fully equipped kitchen, TV, telephone, in room safe, iron and ironing board, hairdryer. The reception is open 24/7. Continental breakfast buffet is available every morning at a surcharge. A supermarket and a bakery are across the street. Washing machine and dryer are available at a surcharge. The experienced and friendly staff will help you settle in quickly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Citadines Kurfuerstendamm Berlin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Kurfuerstendamm Berlin Hotel Berlin
- Citadines Apart Hotel Berlin
- Citadines Apart Berlin