“Very pleasant Café” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 1900 Cafe Bistro

1900 Cafe Bistro
Knesebeckstrasse 76 | Near Savignyplatz Charlottenburg, 10623 Berlin, Germany (Charlottenburg)
+49 30 88715871
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant Café”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My friends and I were directed to this place by a local after wondering around in search of a café that served egg dishes. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly, although we did have to wait awhile before being seated as it was extremely busy. We were given a choice between the breakfast menu and the lunch menu, we opted for the breakfast menu - we then ordered an omelette and a latte each.

Overall, we though that the food was delicious, the waitress was very friendly and the drinks were divine. I would definitely recommend this place to any of my friends; our experience at this place was very pleasant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Nice, France
“Lovely bistrot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The fresh and tasty salads, the tea selection. Healthy food, healthy drings, very friendly service. Great value for money.

Visited March 2013
Berlin, Germany
“Cosy café with German style cakes and good coffee.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I found this café very cosy and would definitely recommend a visit if you like German style cakes; these are unfortunately not at all my cup if tea, I was hoping for some good rich chocolate cakes but the choice was limited to different variations of "Streuselkuchen" (crumble topping cakes) and a "Käsekuchen" (German cheese cake) with warm plum sauce. I tried the latter and found it fresh and nice, just not my thing.

I have not tried any of the savoury bistrot type dishes but they did look nice.

The staff is friendly and service is fast.

The fournishing is very interesting and reminds of old times; old caraffes and jugs everywhere, on shelves and in wooden cupboards, candles, some paintings and a collection of old cherubs on the walls: most things are for sale, along with gift-wrapped truffle scented oil.

What I found unacceptable is the poor conditions of the bathroom. Very dirty; it'd be a good idea for the staff to keep an eye on it during the day, as that poor cleaning standard does not reflect at all the flair of the place.

I recommend to reserve a table at weekends as it does get quite full and the space is limited.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Gemutlich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Value for money. Friendly service and nice breakfast for 2. We had an plate with cheese and meat and warm fresh bread. The interior is cozy and reminds you of old times, like 1900.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Antalya, Antalya, Turkey
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

i like the cheese plate and outside sitting area. Delicious

Visited June 2012