“Circus Berlin” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 323 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
MN
“Circus Berlin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Excellent place to stay. Centrally located for all attractions. Great and helpful advice from staff.
Stayed in a private 3 bed room with own bathroom. Would definetly stay here again. Was noisy from traffic at night, but still able to sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Great atomosphere. Extremely clean. Very modern. Rooms spacious and clean. Great bar downstairs which is good for meeting people. Breakfast and dinners offered were very good. Staff were polite and helpful and walking tour was enjoyable. Couldn't recommend this place more, it made my stay in Berlin all the better.

• Stayed August 2013
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Everything you could ever want.
The decor is great and fun. The breakfasts are amazing and really set you up for a day of sightseeing. I have stayed at this hostel three times I LOVED it that much, both in a dorm and in a private double. I would stay here over any hotel. The rates are really reasonable and it has everything you could want. The staff and so so friendly and so interested in what you want to do and have done.
They are really good at zooming in on the kind of thing that you like to see and guiding you around the city.
I would be lost without being able to hire the U-bahn pass.
The bar downstairs is a really good way to meet people and I couldn't hear it anywhere else in the hostel as its in the basement.
You can store your luggage here on your day of departure which is amazing!

Highly recommend!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Best hostel I`ve stayed in Europe, clean, organized, reasonably priced and well located. The dorms are spacious and you get your own power outlet inside your safe box. The showers bathroom is very well designed and clean. The location is great and there is a store across the street with all the food and drinks you need.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I found this hostel on the internet and all looked amazing. The staff were extremely helpful and very eager to share info about Berlin. Big ups to the staff. On the other hand the noise spoiled my whole stay. People in and out of the room, slamming the heavy doors and noise from the street is beyond ear plugs. I was quite annoyed since I had 18 hours of traveling ahead.

they do however have great coffee in the cafe and an all you can eat buffet for 5euro. Very well located close to funky bars and cafes. very close to all means of transport. if u don't need to sleep this is a good choice

Room Tip: as far from the street if at all possible
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

First of all let me put it out there, for the price .. I am not really impressed because there are better hotels around the area for cheaper price withbetter amenities. I booked the double room with ensuite bathroom that cost Euro 85 per night. I thought I had a good deal because hotels in Berlin can we really expensive.

I know this is a hostel and shouldn't expect much from it. Service was alright as they catered to the younger crowds and didn't give much attention to us, "old folks". The front desk dude named Stephan didn't even bother to explain to us that the hostel offers good rates for daily S+U subway/tram card.. however the next day.. I overhead him explaining to 2 pretty young ladies while they were checking in. Oh well.

No, that is not the reason why I am not happy with this property. The reason is this.... just right in front of Circus hostel is "ibis styles Berlin Mitte" http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187323-d1942810-Reviews-Ibis_styles_Berlin_Mitte-Berlin.html the room rates is around Euro75 per night, if you book in advance (which is waaaaay cheaper than Euro 85) which includes wait for it.... air conditioning and breakfast. Circus hostel charges an additional Euro 5 for breakfast. Oh yea, if you pay using credit card, Circus Hostel charges another Euro 2 on your bill.

Air conditioning is pretty important especially in the summer and I agree with the previous reviewer that when we had to sleep with the windows open .. and oh my... it can get pretty noisy.

I felt pretty bummed that I didn't book the hotel across the street (especially those nights where we had to open the window to sleep and I can hear drunks screaming at 3 in the morning). I am no way affiliated to ibis (I wish I was though, sigh). My advice is please spend your money elsewhere if you plan to book a private room. There are better options.

The location is SUPERB. There are cafes, convenience stores, post office and laundromat within a short walking distance.

We didn't experience anything "bad" per se, but compared with the options.. Circus Hostel needs to work harder.

Room Tip: If you plan to book a private room, don't. Not worth the money.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a few days and (despite my getting a 24 hour big) had a great time here! The service is great, atmosphere excellent, and location very good! Our room faced out towards the street which was unfortunate though. It was SO LOUD the whole time we were there because of the traffic. Every 3 minutes there would be honking and every 5 minutes the S-Bahn would rattle through the streets. Both these stop around 11 at night but if you want to sleep before that, good luck. The windows are quite sound proof but there's no ac in the building, so you have to sleep with them open in the summer. I would still stay here again, despite the noise, as there are only a few rooms like the one we were in that had this problem.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to The Circus Hostel? Share your experiences!