“Very good value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Saigon - Green

Saigon - Green
Kantstrasse 23 | Stadtteil Charlottenburg, 10623 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
Website
Neighborhood: Mitte
Hull
“Very good value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Had a nice evening meal here a few days ago.....me and my girlfriend tried a mixture of 6 starters and rice along with a beer and a non alcoholic fruit cocktail for around 25 euros. The food was all fresh, decent portion size and a couple of the starters in particular very very tasty! Place was busy but managed to get a table, staff very friendly whilst very busy! Very good value and i would definately return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Wodonga, Australia
“Perfect Birthday Dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I recently had a birthday in Berlin; not a common thing for someone from Australia who took a 22hr flight to get here. I wanted something nice but not expensive as we had 4 other countries to visit in Europe and Saigon Green was perfect!

I wanted Vietnamese food because I was born there and I am from a traditional Vietnamese family. The reason why I didn't go to the #2 ranking restaurant in Berlin which is also Vietnamese was because the review about the owner was over the top for me. I just wanted a quiet dinner with good food and atmosphere so I chose Saigon Green.

On to the review. When we arrived the place was packed. Like most busy Asian restaurants they try to seat as many ppl in as little space as possible so at the start we shared a table with another couple. But as space freed up we moved across and had our own table. The owner is a Vietnamese woman who was very accommodating. Knowing the food, ordering was easy but rest assured the menu has an English translation. So between the both of us my partner and I had 6 starters (costing 3.5euros each), he had a beer and I had a fruit mocktail and our bill came to 28euros. Wow. It was cheaper than expected. I will say that the starters are small but they are perfect tasting plates for 2 people. Had we been hungrier we would have added on a main or 2 more starters and being full (and he's a big eater!). I highly recommend the duck wrapped in pancake and pork buns. Yum!

Well worth it for the price; go there!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Moscow, Russia
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Good food, good service. Very calm on Sunday afternoon, not too many tourists. Fresh and inexpensive.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great food, great staff, a bit too busy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Really enjoyed the food and the staff were eager to get everything right. We went on a Tuesday night (but it was January 2nd) and the place was packed. Thanks to the fast turnover we got a table fairly quickly, but it took a while for them to take our order and for the drinks and the food to arrive. Both food and drink were delicious and light. The service was in English and very friendly. There was a misunderstanding with the drinks and one of the mains, but this was promptly corrected at no charge to us. Overall, a great meal out :)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Amazing quality at honest prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Just came back from eating at Saigon - Green. All I can say is wow - the food was tremendous, good service and very cheap, unlike many other restaurants in this part of Berlin. We ate 8 'small' dishes to sample as much as possible and each dish was immaculately presented and tasted exquisite - all for just 3.50 euros each! The drinks on offer were cheap and the Ice fruit juices excellent and complimented the meal well. Staff spoke good English and were very friendly. All in all diner was 40 euros with drinks for 2 people and at that quality the price is extremely impressive. I would definitely eat here again if in Berlin!