“Unexpectedly lovely” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

You added Grand Hyatt Berlin to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Berlin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marlene Dietrich Platz 2, 10785 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase 10% off
Ranked #4 of 663 Hotels in Berlin
New York City, New York
“Unexpectedly lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I thought this would be a functional hotel, but it was really quite lovely. Beautiful modern art in the lobby and rooms, really nice restaurants, nice rooms -- spacious, modern, comfortable -- the bathroom was gorgeous. The location is great and the service was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to review Grand Hyatt Berlin.
I am happy to read that you had an excellent stay at our hotel. We pay great attention to the highest modern standards and comfort, therefore your words of appreciation are a great compliment to us.

For your next visit I may recommend our Hyatt Berlin Art Guide, which provides you with useful information regarding current art galleries and exhibitions. You are also able to download a Q&A about the hotel art collection in each of our rooms.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed 4 night in Grand HYATT Berlin for the second time and had a pleasant surprise all over again. Starting with a front desk all personal is amazing and very helpful. I have been greeted personally by Lasha from the HR, which was a nice personal touch to my visit. Front desk team and concierge were very helpful and assisted me with my reservations. The GYM and SPA facilities are really nice. The GYM is well organized, the pool and Jacuzzi provide really nice and healthy way to relax. The hotel is nicely located; it is 15 min walk distance from Brandenburg Tor, shopping . Over all I had wonderful time in the hotel and will definitely go back there when I visit Berlin next time. Thanks again to all Grand HYATT Berlin team for an amazing vacation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you so much for your very kind words.

I am happy to read that you also enjoyed your second stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.
You praising our service, especially the personal touch, is a great compliment. We are glad to have you as a returning guest.

I hope you had the opportunity to try one of our signature treatments at Club Olympus Spa & Fitness after taking a swim in our pool.
I assure you that your next stay will be beyond expectations again.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Berlin again soon.

mansfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I couldn't fault our stay at the grand-hyatt Berlin at all. I booked a grand suite as a 40th birthday surprise for my husband. from checking in to checking out the staff couldn't do enough for us. my daughter e mailed them prior to our arrival to ask if she could order a bottle of champagne to our room for the day of his birthday which they supplied on the day complete with a card and to her surprise it was complimentary. a lovely gesture by the hotel. our room was spotless and everything was replenished every day. the spa area was lovely. the food we had in the hotel was excellent we ate in the Mesa restaurant in the afternoon and the food was exquisite. we used the Vox bar each evening and it had a great atmosphere very chilled and they have an amazing variety of whiskeys. the club lounge was also a nice area with complimentary drinks and snacks throughout the day. if I had one criticism and it is a minor one I would have liked a few more English channels on the TV normally we don't really watch TV when we on a weekend break but the suite was so comfortable and accommodating we did spend some time in there relaxing. overall fantastic trip and hotel. I could go on and on but my rating speaks for itself. thank you Grand-Hyatt for a great stay.

Room Tip: we had a grand suite which was worth the expense for a special occasion, we would definitely go agai...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience of Grand Hyatt Berlin so comprehensively.

First of all I would like to wish a belated Happy Birthday to your husband! I am glad that Grand Hyatt Berlin was just the right choice for your birthday surprise. Your words of appreciation are like a “special present” to me and my team.

For your next stay I may recommend a signature massage at Club Olympus Spa & Fitness for pure relaxation. Our spa area is located on the eighth floor and offers spectacular views of the rooftops of Berlin-Mitte.
I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The location and the quality of the hotel are definitely worth the 5*-rating. However, the quality of the service is somewhat of a let-down.

First the negatives:
I arrived at the hotel at 1.30 pm on a Saturday afternoon and I was greeted by 4 friendly receptionists at the same time. I was referred to a colleague twice and finally I was told that the room would be ready at 2.30 pm, which was fine since the official check-in time is at 3 pm. I asked the staff to inform once the room was ready. At 3.30 pm I went to ask on status and again I was referred twice to a colleague to find out the room was just made ready, which was a bit dubious.

Finally I got a room for a well waited rest, only for a cleaner to come in within 30 minutes unannounced to finish the cleaning. Also I was greeted as Ms. (which I am not and getting titles wrong is a big no-no in Germany).

And then to the positives:
The rooms themselves were well appointed and equipped, eventhough the rooms are starting to show their age with a number of chips on the wood, dust on lamps due to unfinished cleaning etc.

The spa and pool area were suberb with excellent staff, which was one of the main reasons together with the location our party decided to stay at the hotel in the first place.

Conclusion:
Great hotel and location, quality of the service and attention to detail were average at best, but the spa was excellent. If you want to stay around Potsdamer Platz at a 5*-hotel, there are better options available at similar price. However, the spa is definitely one of the best in Berlin.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you for sharing your experience of Grand Hyatt Berlin.
I am sorry to read that your expectations regarding our service could not be met, and please rest assured that I take your comments seriously. I will ensure better communication for a hassle-free check-in experience in the future.

Regarding your feedback on our rooms, I can happily inform you that we have just started to redesign our hotel. In fact, three floors have been refurnished already.

Since you enjoyed our spa a lot, I hope you have the opportunity to try one of our signature treatments at Club Olympus Fitness the next time you visit Berlin.

I hope we get the chance to show you that we are open to constructive feedback and able to learn from it. It would be a pleasure to have you back as a guest in our newly designed rooms at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I use to be a lot in berlin the last 6 months!
I always stay in this holtel!
Just one word.... perfect
super staff and service.
nice location
great room well decorated
Just come and enjoy it.... for business or pleasure

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you so much for your very positive feedback.

I was pleased to read your kind words about our hotel. Your recommendation is the best compliment to us.

Staying with us so frequently, I hope you already had a chance to try Vox bar, with its large selection of whiskeys. Our barkeeper, Mirko May, will be happy to guide you through the 240 types we have on offer.
I am very glad that you are a returning guest at Grand Hyatt Berlin and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a stylish hotel in the centre of everything and right beside a Christmas market which we loved after a long day sightseeing we could relax with mulled wine and enjoy the stalls. The hotel is within walking distance to most of the sights including the Brandenburg Gate and beside a lovely shopping centre.
Our room was very big with great bed and complete with block out all light blinds for a fabulous nights sleep, the staff are very friendly Alexia checked us in and asked us how we were enjoying our trip whenever we saw her! The bathroom had a wet room with bath and tropical shower with Aveda products or something very similar.

We went on a room only basis but there is a Starbucks across the way for coffee and muffins, the breakfast at the hotel did look delicious though!

We were particularly impressed with the quietness and relaxing nature of the hotel, we shall be back I hope this Christmas!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Grand Hyatt Berlin so comprehensively.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in our modern hotel. Positive feedback is the best motivation for my associates.

For your next stay, I would like to recommend our Bed and Breakfast offer, so you can try our buffet yourself, without having to go out into the cold to get breakfast.

I hope to welcome you back again to our hotel this Christmas. I assure you, the mulled wine will be just as tasty as last year.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are an absolute delight - stylish but incredibly relaxing. The location is great too. Close to Potzdammer Platz and the S and U BahnCard stations. Really close to the Kultuurforum and the Philharmonie. Within walking distance of the Brandenburg Gate and Under der Linden. There's also lots of choice of dining, both within the hotel and nearby, and it's close to shopping arcades too. My only complaint ... €3.00 per hour for wifi - seriously what are they thinking? Despite that, I'd recommend Grand Hyatt Berlin very highly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to give us your feedback on our hotel.

It was pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I am happy that your expectations could be met and that you shared your kind words of appreciation with us, I will pass it on to our team since this is the best motivation for our daily work.

In regards to your remarks concerning the WiFi, may recommend our Hyatt Business Plan package, including free WiFi, breakfast, the washing or ironing of one piece of clothing per room per day, a daily bottle of mineral water and a daily newspaper for your next stay with us.

We look forward to welcome you back as a guest in our hotel on your next trip to Berlin!

Best regards,

Hotelmanager

Been to Grand Hyatt Berlin? Share your experiences!