“Busy hotel in central location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Save Saved
You added Grand Hyatt Berlin to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Berlin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marlene Dietrich Platz 2, 10785 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase 10% off
Ranked #5 of 664 Hotels in Berlin
Ekero, Sweden
“Busy hotel in central location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hotel was full and overbooked, but staff did their best to treat us very good on our very rainy anniversary trip to Berlin. Nice champagne bottle waiting in the room, with a gordious bed. The first half of rainy day we spent in the nice spa on top floor. Nice pool area and treatments available. The hotel is located very central in the modern and newly built parts of Berlin, where the wall was before. That makes it very easy to reach with any public transportation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We highly appreciate it and I would personally like to thank you for sharing it.

I was pleased to read that you and your wife had a nice stay and a happy anniversary at our hotel. I am glad that your expectations could be met – although the weather could have been better for sure.

For your next stay I may recommend our Spa package including an overnight stay in a luxurious double room, daily Hyatt breakfast (until 2 pm on Sundays), late check out (until 6 pm on Sundays) and one spa treatment (choice between 30 min Instant Facial and 30 min Foot Reflexology Massage).

We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel in the future!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I took weeks and weeks researching Berlin to find out if I wanted to go, (I was in Berlin in the late 80's and early 90's) and you know what, once again I had a non stop blast! Museums everywhere, great shopping, incredible cafes, restaurants, bars and clubs for all ages, likes and dislikes. I learned that I wanted to travel at the same time It was going to be the Berlin Carnival week, a must do in my opinion and yes it's called a carnival but don't think Rio or New Orleans. From the saturday parade and last day, sunday, street market/fair will wow your socks off, food, drink and wonderful crafts, it's an all day must do!!!

Arrival into TEG, was simple, fast and quite friendly. Airport arrivals can sometime set the beginning of a trip off on the wrong footing. Not this trip...

Fast taxi ride to the property and wham, bam, check in could not have been more easy, fun and interesting. I say interesting, because I had, like I always do, be very proactive in emailing the property with any and every question on my mind, and never more then a few hours later, I had exactly the information I wanted, needed and asked for! Now I said, "Interesting" because every person I had email contact with, came to the reception to say hello, and inform me they where at my disposal, should I need anything... There were 4 ladies behind the counter, each personable and attentive to each guest checking in and out. I arrived at 3pm sharp.

I booked a club level suite on the 7th floor, and it lived up to a "club level suite" in every way! Perfect bathroom, bath amenities, towels, tv (both bedroom and bathroom) mini bar, safe (not large enough for a "normal" size laptop) yummy sheets, lots of free bottles of water both gas and sans gas, three fast efficient elevators that need a room key to access and great amazing artwork everywhere! Oh and GREAT toilet paper... Go ahead and laugh but real travelers know what it's like to have really cheep toilet paper.

Now, the club lounge is a bit small, but I never had to wait to have a place to sit, in fact I found a lovely little alcove with a tiny table set for two (across from the windows and closest to the bathroom). I sat there every time I used the club lounge, and that was quite a bit. The hours were generous, food abundant, fresh and yummy and the staff over the top professional and friendly as well as incredibly eager to assist. And an amazing coffee robot machine thing that became my very best friend instantly, as Im a coffee junkie. I was the only, english speaking guest using the club lounge during my five night stay so I kept to myself and people watched and the club lounge staff tried so hard to understand my each and every need, and though I do not speak fluent German (or any other language fluently) I do speak enough of many, to show locals I'm trying, and in the end that's what really matters, simply trying! My every entrance to the club lounge was met with gracious hellos and smiles, by each and every staff member.

The location, perfect, (well except for the nasty smelly Casino across the street) not the hotels fault. I suggest you buy the hop on hop off buss tour ticket, (it comes in many forms) and get the lay of the land, but I did find each tour company has both old and new busses, look for the new busses and avoid the old ones! I hands down believe hop on hop off tours in any city is the best way the get your lay of the city, well unless you hire a private driver.

I really found a place in Germany I could respect and enjoy in Berlin and will without a doubt be going back and with my stay at the Hyatt Berlin, it will become my new Berlin, Germany residence to hang my hat.

Travel can be tedious, so be kind to your fellow travelers, be safe and enjoy each experience in front of you,

B

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor and the club lounge is right off the elevators room above 726 are a hike t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you so much for such extensive feedback and the great amount of time you have taken to share your experience of your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin!

I was very pleased to read that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us. Our staff members work daily with great dedication to make every guest’s stay a special one. I am happy that your expectations could be met and that we could make your stay a special one. Please be assured that I will share your kind words of appreciation with my colleagues. Your appraisal forms the basis for their motivation and your kind words will encourage them to keep on giving their very best.

Thank you once again for the great amount of time you have taken to share your kind words of appreciation.

We look forward to welcoming you very soon!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at about 8:30am, after a long flight from Miami. Thankfully, they had rooms and checked us in very early! We were able to nap for a couple hours to get over the jetlag, and start seeing Berlin's sights immediately! We had two rooms and both were spotless. After our naps, we had already consumed our complimentary bottles of water, but when we returned in the evening, we had fresh bottles waiting at our bedside. Service was perfect.
There is a shopping mall across the street with everything form a Starbucks to a grocery store. A few doors down from the Starbucks is an even better bakery. All around the hotel are more modern sights to see, and the Sony Center is just a few steps away.
Down the street, by the train station, is a stop for the Double-Decker tours. I usually don't do these kind of things on vacations, but this was very convenient. The tour was relatively affordable and took us to all the sights, dropping us off right at the doorsteps. Only a few steps from the hotel before catching the bus. It made things very convenient. If you don't want to do that, the subway is right there as well, which can get you anywhere.
For convenience and service, this hotel was amazing. I loved everything about it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you so much for your very positive feedback. I highly appreciate it and I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share with me your experiences during your last stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I have read your kind words of appreciation and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We place great value on our guests’ comfort, wellbeing and satisfaction, and I was pleased to hear that your expectations could be met in our luxurious, five-star hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Grand Hyatt Berlin in the future!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Currently staying at this hotel for 4 nights... The level and service and respective from the staff is appalling... This place is run like the faulty towers... My troubles began during check in. We arrived at the hotel at around 9am after a long overnight flight. The person at the front desk told us that we would be the first to be checked in as soon as a room was avaliable and he would call us on our mobile. Our only request was that we had a room with a view. He also said that he would take our bags and ensure they were waiting in our room once one was free... 3pm comes and no call... We return to the hotel and ask about our room... We are given keys then ask where our bags were. We were told they are still in the storage area. I the ask if we can take them up now. A staff member escorts me to the storage room (seemed to be a trainee) and watches me get our 2x30kg suitcases from the top shelf. Offering no assistance. He then walks off and we are left to figure out where the lifts are located. Get to our room first shock is that the room is facing the internal courtyard.. With a lovely view of other rooms. Look at the bed and there is human hair both on top and inside the bed. There is also a bottle cap under the tv. Look at the mini bar and the items on the list do not match, with some items missing... A jar of gormet peanuts look to have been opened, half eaten and resealed. Call front desk and question all the issues above. Told the hotel is 100% booked and that no other room is avaliable. Question why we were not given priority for a room with a view and told that a room with a view costs 40euro more and pretty much accused of trying to scam something I had not paid for. Every comment I made from there was met with sarcasm. Basically told its what you have or nothing. Next day room is not serviced till 5pm. No face towels are given and the bottle lid still under the tv. The following day room not serviced till 6pm and when I call front desk to ask why... At same time I ask for a hot water bottle and cotton ear buds as they were not replaced. Come back to the room after dinner, room serviced but none of the items requested there. Call front desk and told they had given out all the hot water bottles and have run out of ear buds. Although apologetic there is nothing he can do about it.
Still 2 nights left in this place and we are regretting we ever stepped foot in here. This hotel has no
Problems charging 5 star prices yet does not deliver on any of their advertised promises. Really sad considering I have stayed at many Hyatts around the world and have never recieved this level of disrepect and incompetence. Do your self a huge favour and avoid the Hyatt Berlin at all costs...

• Stayed June 2013
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

At first I want to thank you for having taken the time to give such extensive feedback.

I was very sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay at all. With greatest attention I have read all your remarks concerning check-in, housekeeping and service issues in general and I want to apologize to you for the inconveniences. I deeply regret your dissatisfaction and you can be assured that your comments will be taken very seriously.

For improvement reasons I would be grateful to be given the chance to contact you in person.

Once again, I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations!

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is cool, sleek, modern and high tech all wrapped into one. Additionally the location is perfect near all the major tourist locations.
Leave it to the Germans to think of a room design like this.. Tv in the bathroom complete with a clock on the mirror to ensure you're not admiring yourself too much in the morning. The tv remote is a bit intimidating and could be used as a weapon if needed since it weighs about 5 lbs.
Breakfast was included and it was very complete. My only pro Len with this place was in the fitness center. It's not clearly marked.. It's called Olympus club.. How are you supposed to know that? Particularly when it's labeled fitness / spa in the hotel guide. Also the equipment there is good and modern except they have the treadmills against the windows and when the sun is going down it's directly in your eyes. It is boiling like a greenhouse. I asked it they had shades 'no sorry.' Come on.. I thought this was Germany where they think of everything. They should reposition the treadmills against another wall. Anyway.. Had a miserable run.. Should have just gone outside to the park nearby. Lesson learned. Buddy ran from hotel around the park.. Perfect 4mi.

Enjoy this place.. Overall you won't want to leave!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to give extensive feedback. I appreciate you sharing your experiences at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I was happy to read that you had a nice stay at our hotel. With great attention I have also read your remark concerning the missing window blinds in our fitness centre. Since we are constantly working on meeting our guests’ expectations, please be assured that we will definitely take your suggestion into consideration!

We look forward to welcome you back as a guest in our hotel on your next trip to Berlin!

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Very good reception and concierge service. Good location in walking distance of some of the most inteteresting areas of the city. Shopping mal, cinema and theater just across the street.

Excellent restaurant, bar and breakfast buffet.
They have an amazing Spa. Don´t miss the great pool! There´s a great city view from the top...

Ahh I almost forgot... TV in the bathroom! You can watch the News while you take shower. And girls, they have Aveda toiletries in the rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to rate Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I have read your kind words of appreciation and I would like to thank you for sharing them.
Your comfort and wellbeing is our priority!

We look forward to welcoming you to Grand Hyatt Berlin soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

A stunning hotel, located in Potzdamerplatz so within easy walking distance of the wall remains, museum check-pont Charlie, Tiergarten, Reichstag, Brandenurg Gate etc, but a bit too far for the museums on Unter der Linden. Was there on business (conference) but still had time to take in the sights and enjoy this city which has seen such a revitalisation since the wall came down leaving a huge empty sapce to fill.

The hotel was superb with wonderful rooms and a cleverly arranged wet-room. All finger-tip control of lights, curtains etc which made the place seem very special. Very comfortable bed with feather-like pillows. Great night's sleep.

The staff were so helpful, all English speaking, plus a few other languages and numerous, but not at al intusive. Vox restaurant superb if a little pricey.

Overall a fantastic stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback. We highly appreciate it and I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of your last stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed staying in our modern rooms. As a five-star hotel, the comfort and wellbeing of our guests is always our highest concern.

For your next stay, I may recommend our mesa restaurant where typical German specialities are served to share.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Hotel Manager

Been to Grand Hyatt Berlin? Share your experiences!