“Hard to beat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Save Saved
You added Grand Hyatt Berlin to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Berlin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marlene Dietrich Platz 2, 10785 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase 10% off
Ranked #6 of 664 Hotels in Berlin
Brussels
“Hard to beat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

A four night stay usually gives you a good sample of a hotel's strengths and weaknesses. My stay here on a particularly demanding business event was as serene and comfortable as one could wish for. I will not repeat the praise of previous reviewers other than to say that few five star hotels have made me feel as effortlessly comfortable as this one - thanks to not just great infrastructure but also truly good staff.
I was fortunate enough to have a room on the executive club floor which makes for added serenity and privacy. Club service is excellent and makes even breakfast a quiet and peaceful moment.

Room Tip: The executive club floor (the exact name is somewhat different but they'll know what you mean) i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Zaventem, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is great. It's nearby different spots to see, located in a lively neighbourhood with great bars and restaurants.
One small negative point: stay for 3 nights including breakfast. Because we arrived very early we asked to replace the breakfast of our last day to our first day. For the hotel management was this not negotiable, what was a pity.

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed in the Grand Hyatt Berlin recently for the first time, while on a business trip. Unfortunately I felt unwell when I left my house, and by the time I arrived in Berlin, felt utterly dreadful. I was welcomed to the Hyatt by extremely friendly staff, who took my bags and got me checked in very efficiently. My room was lovely, with a comfortable bed, steaming hot shower, big bathtub, fancy TV and nice lighting. The hotel itself is nicely decorated, understated but elegant, with a very welcoming bar and classy-looking restaurant (though I did not eat there, so can not review the food). Being ill and away from home is never nice, but the staff at the Hyatt were wonderful, welcoming, sympathetic and helpful.

During my stay I had a small problem with my room and had to be moved. This was done with minimal fuss and maximum effort to help me - and I was moved to a higher standard of room. When I returned from a meeting the next day, I found a small gift and a beautifully written card apologising for the inconvenience, which was most unexpected - the inconvenience had been minimal.

Eventually I decided I was too unwell to stay for the final night of my trip, and arranged an earlier flight home. Despite this being nearly 4pm, the staff at the Hyatt were sympathetic to my situation and did not charge me for the final night.

In all, I can't fault this place at all, and must give particular praise to the staff. In addition to all of that, it is in a great area of Berlin, close to many of the sights and only a 20-minute (or so) taxi ride to the station. If I had any complaint, it would only be that the hairdryer feels largely equivalent to a person standing next to your head and blowing gently - take your own!

Well done, Hyatt!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely lovely hotel; the decor, service, room quality, cleanliness - all boxes ticked 5*s. Relatively expensive but you certainly get what you pay for. Good location but as a young couple wanting to see the slightly edgier side to the city it wasn't perfect - definitely suited to its target clientele of business people and those that want to splash cash in nearby malls. For food and sightseeing every day we got unlimited tickets for the local U-bahn, but as per the title it was a very comfortable, warm base to return to at the end of the day.

• Stayed October 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The good:
* Breakfast is exceptional. The quality of the food on offer is very high and the service offered by the staff is very good.
* Very stylish rooms with Bang and Olufsen televisions
* Beautiful bathrooms with Aveda toiletries
* Helpful and knowledgeable concierge
* Very good hotel gym with enough equipment for a full workout. Also has a swimming pool and steam and sauna.
* Great location near Potsdamer Platz

The bad:
* Wifi is not offered free (except for one hour per day). I find this a bit like making guests pay for water. It is my biggest gripe.
* Breakfast although it is great is also very expensive.

Overall: I love this hotel. It hits the spot in so many ways. It feels modern like Berlin itself from the art in the lobby to the furnishings in the rooms. The staff are really very friendly and helpful. I forgot my toothbrush and there was no problem sending one up to the room.

I will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Sutton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stay at Hyatt Hotel for 4 days and we were impress with the quality of the staff. The room are very comfortable and the shower very special. In the heart of the activities in Berlin. We recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

The staff really makes this hotel exceptional. They really bend over backwards to assist. I cannot imagine a more comfortable room. The electric windowshades, certainly a nice touch. Would have been nice to have a few more english channels on the television, the only one i found was CNN, which can get repetative quite quickly.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Grand Hyatt Berlin? Share your experiences!