“I'd stay again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Prenzlauer Berg Berlin

You added Park Plaza Prenzlauer Berg Berlin to your Saves list
Park Plaza Prenzlauer Berg Berlin
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Storkower Strasse 162, 10407 Berlin, Germany (Prenzlauer Berg)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 30%
Ranked #252 of 665 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lincoln, Nebraska
“I'd stay again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My fiancé and I arrived at the hotel after a 6 hour train ride from Amsterdam. It was a 15 euro trip away from the station which I felt was not too bad. Check in was easy and the staff was very nice and helpful. I had applied for an upgrade and did not get one but she kept apologizing. I booked the hotel solely using points so it was not a huge ordeal for me but I appreciated that she wanted to help me and felt bad when she could not.. Considering I had just sat on a train for 6 hours.. I was looking for a bit of sympathy!! :)

We received a room with two twin beds. I wanted a double BUT the two beds were easily pushed together for a close comfortable somewhat double bed. I would not recommend sleeping on crease but you can still snuggle up with your loved one and not find yourself on the floor! The room was a good size and so was the bathroom! Closet space was ample and the shower had pressure and plenty of room. It was very clean and I believe well worth the price if I had to pay for it!!

The hotel is located right next to a fabulous bar and mexican restaurant with the biggest beers my fiancé and I had ever seen! The service was first rate and the price was so good we ate there twice!! There is a burger king across the street for those on a budget and not wanting the 12 euro breakfast- although I saw some other items that were reasonable on he menu! The bar was nice and open till one which is nice for us since we our having issues with the time change.

The metro is right across the intersection and taxi rides ranged but were very reasonable. The Internet service was free!!!!! Slow at times but better than some service I have gotten here in Europe!

You will not be disappointed here! Book your stay! It was worth it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
Stockholm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I booked this hotel for a weekend in Berlin. Knew it was not exactly Prenzlauer Berg but thought it was closer. It was a lot more off then I thought. The area is dead and boring. I would not book it again for a turist trip.

The hotel is cheap and clean but worn down. The breakfast is ok but not more. It cost 12 Euro.

The staff was friendly but didn't know so much. When we asked for tips they did not know much. How many questions can you get at a hotel? I move hotel lobbies. It is so nice to sit there, watch people and have a drink. But the man in the bar only knew the few drinks on the meny, a bit disapointing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel over the new year period. It was a great choice as it was two minutes walk away from the train station and also the trams.
The room was a good size. There was a large wardrobe and plenty of room for suitcases and bags. The bathroom was immaculate and also a decent size. Apparently it is very German to have two quilts, one for each person and this hotel was no exception. The bed was really comfortable and the sheets were silky smooth! We got a good sleep each night aside from New Year's Eve, as after we came in after celebrating there were still lots of people letting off fireworks nearby. Generally it was quiet and peaceful though.
The staff were another great aspect of this hotel. They were exceptionally friendly and helpful and spoke excellent English. We did try to speak German, but we soon worked out that since their English was so good, it was easier!
Also, make sure you buy the 5 day travel pass. Well worth the money to have unlimited travel around the city and you also get discounts off major attractions.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco,CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed for three nights in a double room with two twin beds on the 8th floor. Views facing the street are nice if you like communist era panel apartment buildings. I think it lends to the character of visiting the eastern part of Berlin, but others may disagree. The hotel itself is convenient to the sites on the eastern end of the city, such as Alexanderplatz and Museum Island. As mentioned by other reviewers there's an S-Bahn station right around the corner. Check-in and check out were flawless with staff being very welcoming and helpful. Didn't try out the restaurant or bar. There's a very unexpensive kebab joint around the side of the building and a Burger King across the street which is good for convenience. The hotel is far from Tegal Airport, if your arriving from there, I suggest booking a transfer serivce in advance as taxis can be quite expensive.

Room Tip: Select a room facing the street for a view from the upper floors.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed in Park Plaza Prenzlauer Berg for two nights in October 2012. The place is located in the Eastern part of Berlin near the S-bahn station and is very easily accessable from the Schönefeld Airport. The access to the city center requires a change of S-bahn line, but actually is quite convinient.

As the hotel is in the Eastern part of the city, it´s surrounded by the Soviet-era concrete block-apartment buildings, which are all renovated. The view from the windows is typical fot the former Eastern block.

The reception staff is friendly and efficient.

The rooms are good. Nothing exceptional, but clean and convinient. The bed is comfy and bathroom clean.

They provide free wifi access for the guests and it´s very useful while on business trip. However, the connection was very slow and got lost every 5 minutes so at some point it became really annoying.

There are coffee and tea making facilities in the rooms and a bottle of drinking water as well.

All in all, a good place for a short stay while in Berlin. The quality was quite OK for the price, although it didn´t include breakfast. I suppose there´re better deals in town, but it was good as well. I booked on a very short notice and needed a stay in that area, therefore didn´t really shopped around. So if you need a short stay in the Eastern part of the city, the Park Plaza in a good way to go.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Leiden, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hotel is around the corner of the S-bahn, station Landbergerallee, approx 30-40 minutes to the many attractions in Berlin. Modern hotel with nice, comfortable rooms and beds. There are 2 small elevators for 8 floors, especially around breakfast time, may take a little while. Friendly staff, especially at the reception. There is free Internet access in the rooms, what is annoying is that you need a password that is only valid for 24 hours, so you have it to renew it every day. You can get the code at the reception, if you are unlucky, the code is already used by another customer, so you need to go back to the reception. Breakfast buffet is nice with good variety, scrambled eggs bit dry.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
kelso
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have just returned from this hotel , staying 5 nights. I had club carlson points so only paid full price for one of those nights. definatley not a 4 star hotel-no amenities that I would expect from a 4* or as 'plush but nevertheless a very clean basic hotel. Check in was a bit poor as we were left to stand for a while so the receptionist could chat to a colleague. We were then told we were too early as check in wasnt permitted till 2pm so we sat and waited the 15/20 mins! Room was okay and as I askded in advance for a quiet room with double bed its what we got.(bed was king size) Comfy enough bed and the usual german single quilts which we actually liked as theres usually a fight for too hot/too cold! The air conditioner was pretty ineffective so did get quite stuffy overnight (hot weather outside) and I cant sleep with the window open as traffic noisy. Paid extra for buffet breakfast which is expensive but worth it we felt. All waiting staff in the breakfast restaurant were very pleasant and spoke english a bonus as my german is limited. Reception staff were not as pleasant and found the two we dealt with to be stand offish and one quite abrupt in manner when I was checking out. Room very clean with tea/coffee and a bottle of water every day except one which isnt a 4* expectancy. Toiletries not replenished daily however-again that diminishes the 4* for me. Didnt use evening restaurant as same meal every day doesnt work for us. As others have said plenty round about the hotel for eats and supermarket just round corner as was the tram so not a problem distance wise into alexander platz. I would use this hotel again no hesitation.

Room Tip: ask in advance for a quiet room-and a double bed if you want one!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Plaza Prenzlauer Berg Berlin? Share your experiences!