“MY SHORT BREAK IN BERLIN” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Berlin Mitte

You added Holiday Inn Berlin Mitte to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Berlin Mitte
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hochstrasse 2-3, 13357 Berlin, Germany (Formerly Holiday Inn Berlin-Humboldt Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #393 of 665 Hotels in Berlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Indonesian first
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My third trip to Berlin, and I booked this hotel again as it is easy to get to from Tegel Airport, just a short bus ride to Beusselstrasse and three stops on the train to Gesundbrunnen. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There is a sauna which very few guests seem to use, but I went in every day after long walks around the city. Heaven. There are some good places to eat close by, like Borik Grill, and a bit longer walk ( donwhill) takes you to my favourite cafe so far in Berlin, Weinerei Forum in Fehrbellinerstrasse. Staff left a surprise chocolate Easter Bunny and card in my room, which was fun, and just before I left I discovered that Curry Baude at Gesundbrunnen station is in the top ten curry wurst establishments, so now I have to go back there again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Holiday_Inn_Berlin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Guest , thank you very much for choosing our Hotel for your visit in Berlin and also thank you for your review.
We are very glad , that our service and quality was up to your expectatiuon.

We are looking Forward to welcome you again in our Hotel.

West Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

You do need a car if you stay at this hotel as it is out of the centre of Berlin. We stayed in a family room which was huge. It was clean, fresh towels and cleaned every day. As we stayed over the Easter period there was even a chocolate treat for Easter Sunday when we arrived back to our room. Having read a few reviews about a poor breakfast this is wrong. The breakfast was superb- cereals, yoghurts, breads, pastries, cold meats, hot selections and more, there was nothing missing. The reception staff were very helpful and resolved an issue we had when we arrived within 15 minutes. There is hotel parking but this is very limited but it did not affect us as we managed to get a space each day. The surrounding area is not the best to look at but there are plenty of convenience stores and a large shopping centre within walking distance which provides eating facilities and a supermarket. We stayed for 5 nights with children and they even had a children's room in the foyer with books, television and toys.
We would return again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Holiday_Inn_Berlin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for choosing our property for your recent visit in Berlin. Thank you very much also for your very positive comments wich we will share with our entire Team .
We are glad that service and quality was up to your expectations.

We are looking Forward to welcome you again in our Hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I had a great stay at this hotel. Mr. L. Whelan an the front desk was very helpfull and solved for me a big problem I had. The hotel´s restaurant is good, the room is perfect for a business traveler. When ever I travel to Berlin I will return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

thank you very much that you have choosen our Hotel for your visit in Berlin and also thank you for your Review. We are very glad that the Hotel as such , Service , Quality did meet your expectations.

We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

Liked it that the hotel was just close to the U and S Bahn Station at Gesundbrunnen, so I could get to meeting place in a dash. Liked the breakfast, it was like a buffet. Liked it that the room was clean and no noise (mind you I was at the upper most floor, the last on the right). Liked it that there was a shopping mall that looks like Alexa. Liked it that I got some reward points from the hotel, but next time I will have to ask if my next comment as been rectified - For the first time in my life in Europe, I experienced an "internet nightmare" for the 3 days I stayed in this hotel (I guess it was a provider problem - this was reiterated by the front desk every time I call to ask about it) - simply, I didn't have internet access at all during my stay in the hotel.

Room Tip: I was at the last room to the right on the upper most floor. Liked it as I got an aerial view of the...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Oluwasomidotun,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. It is lovely to hear you liked our location, enjoyed the breakfast and found the rooms clean. However, we regret letting you down with the internet service. Please be assured that your comments will be forwarded to the management team for review. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can better serve you next time.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Arnhem, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

Reception ok , Friendly and helpful Location not ok ? Why called Berlin mitte ? Is far away from centre and located in a suburb that doesn't attract at all with little eating out alternatives. Room ok. Big enough and good bed. Shower good and clean. View not so nice and close to the airport so noisy. The entourage could use some TLC , rugs and carpets show wearing out and renovation of the halls and elevator area would be better. Parking inside is a bit strange , first you need a room key to enter. But ok all by all , for the rate , a average /good stay.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, March 27, 2015
Dear catman52,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are glad to hear you liked your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the noise challenges you encountered. We have taken note of your comments regarding the halls and elevator area. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Baku, Azerbaijan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2015

I stayed at that hotel in May 2014. It was one of the worst hotel experience in my life. Rooms was not clean properly, we had a balcony, but I was not able to go there as it was completely dirty. Hotel pillows and towels were very poor quality. Breakfast was good and service as well. Good location in 5 minutes walking distance there is a metro station.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Berlin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, March 3, 2015
Dera Guest ,

thank you very much for yor visit and also taking your time to leave you feedback for us.
We feel very sorry that the service and quality was not up to your expectation .
We will look into it in order to improve both.

We would be very glad to see you return to our Hotel.

Rudolf Helmel

Been to Holiday Inn Berlin Mitte? Share your experiences!