I have just left the hotel this morning, where I spent the past week with my family. We thought we were checking into a four star hotel from the price, and we only found out it was three star when we arrived. Maybe that part is our fault because we assumed and we shouldn't have.
The room is spacious and quite clean. However the furnishings are extremely old and drab, nothing too attractive. The nicest thing in the room was a decent TV to which I could connect my devices to watch my own stuff, and a Philips filter cofee machine. The bathroom was clean but small, especially the shower - a quarter circle with a radius of no more than 50 to 60 cms. The hotel is also at a busy intersection, and even from the ninth floor, we could not block out the sound of traffic with all the windows and doors closed.
The staff mostly tried to be helpful, but not everyone at reception could speak very good English. Lifts got stuck twice in one week. Frequently the coffee and / or sugar in the room was not replenished. Housekeeping maids could not speak any English and referred me to reception when I asked for coffee replenishment. As for breakfast - there was a small breakfast buffet for both continental and English breakfasts, but we were not too impressed with the quality of the food (e.g. eggs - scrambled only, sausages - boiled only, etc.). There is an empy refrigerator in the room, but when I wanted a bottle of still water I had to walk 4 minutes to the closest supermarket. The bar is a bit miserable, and the restaurant opens only for breakfast - not for lunch, neither for dinner.
All in all - I feel sure I will not visit this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Berlin life: The Mercure Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz is in a prime location in the center of the capital, just a stone's throw from the Alexanderplatz U-Bahn, S-Bahn and local train stations. Our 158 spacious rooms and Suites are comfortably furnished and all feature WIFI. From Tegel Airport, the TXL bus goes directly to Alexanderplatz; from Schönefeld Airport, the RB14 takes you the short distance to the hotel. If arriving by car, parking is available at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, ACCOR and Priceline so you can book your Mercure Hotel Berlin am Alexanderplatz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Agon Am Alexanderplatz Berlin
- Agon Am Alexanderplatz Hotel Berlin