“very good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #177 of 663 Hotels in Berlin
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“very good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

me and hubby arrived here 16th november for a week,hotel room was big,clean and presentable,and we were very happy with it,the fridge is great,and hubby loved the 2 free becks he got every day :) hotel staff couldn't do enough for us,esp when we asked the directions,or places to see and go,very helpful, we got our 5 day ticket from the hotel,and received a book of vouchers which came in very handy,the tickets can be used on the u-bann,s-bann,buses and trains,worth buying,only 32 euro each,the hotel is convenient to the u-bann which is across the road,i would recommend the hotel for couples and family's that want to explore this lovely city :)

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Wish I had stayed longer. Service was excellent, location and interior very good. The interior had an older look and style, but was kept in excellent condition. Breakfast was inexpensive and adequate. Would recommend this hotel for a short comfortable stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel staff and accommodation was excellent and the venue is ideally situated in Berlin for daytime and night time entertainment. It also helps that there is an underground station across the road

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is excellently situated. A 10/15 min walk to Alexandraplatz which takes you past lots of Bars and restaraunts. The Hotel itself is perfectly adequate for a city break. My only complaint would be our superior room had cooking facilities, however these were situated in a small hallway between 2 rooms so not much privacy. However it was cleaned daily. Breakfast was typical European with the only hot option being a boiled egg. The Hotel did however cater for my wife who requires a gluten free diet suppling rolls every morning for her. The Hotel has an Indian restaraunt attached to it and this is recommended. it also has a sister Hotel across the road with a spa which can be used. The jewel in the crown is the U-bahn station across the road literally a few steps away.

Room Tip: Superior Rooms available
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

I stayed in this hotel a few weeks ago and did not have a very good experience.

The main thing that is going for this hotel is its location. It is not very far from the center and has a U stop across the street. But that's pretty much it.

The hotel itself seems pretty old and has a run-down feel to it (furniture, bathroom, etc.). It was not dirty, but run-down. The WiFi did not work at all in my room and nobody was willing to do anything to help me solve the problem. I also got to the hotel relatively early in the hopes to do some work in the lobby, but they wouldn't let me connect to the WiFi in the lobby (which worked OK) until I get my room keys. And it was not only the WiFi that didn't work. The cable in the room kept disconnecting as well. Very strange.

The other aspect that made this stay unpleasant was the staff. They were not rude or anything, but they were very unwelcoming and unwilling to help. My WiFi trouble were one thing. Another was me trying to get help with directions from the receptionist at the desk (remember I had no Internet access?). That was like pulling teeth. She did only the things I asked her (e.g. Could you please look it up online? You don't know where? Here is where you could find this information online. etc.) and made sure at every step that I know that she isn't enjoying helping me out.

I don't mind run-down hotels with non-functioning WiFi and unhelpful staff, but not at the price I paid for the two nights I stayed there. I know for sure that I will make an effort not to go back again. Would not recommend to others.

Room Tip: I would try to make sure that you get a room with functioning WiFi.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Claudia S, Front Office Manager at Derag Livinghotel Henriette, responded to this review, November 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

FOM
Vologda, Vologda, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

Great place to stay - very convenient to all public transport and an easy walk to many attractions. Pleasant staff - friendly. In room is clean, comfortable. In the morning you can have Breakfast. This is a good choice for the price.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Claudia S, Front Office Manager at Derag Livinghotel Henriette, responded to this review, October 24, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your interest in our guest service and the time you have spent to comment your observations. We are always pleased to receive hints and critics concerning our customers visit. We can use this information to improve the service performance we offer at our hotel.
We wish you a save trip home and would like to welcome you again as one of our repeating customers.

Best regards

Front Office Manager
terneuzen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

This is the most beautifull pearl of a hotel we ever stayed in- charming interior, excellant location near the U2 metro line (direct link to the Tegel airport- X9 bus to Zoological garden station and from there U2 to Marchister museum station) and centrally within walking distance to Alexander platz, friendly helpfull staf ( the complimentary champain on my birthday was a nice touch) and quiet surroundings. Improvement can be a more varied breakfast- for 9 euro 50 c one cannot complain though- and airconditioning in the rooms are noisy and not very effective: we stayed in October and one can imagine that in the summer it could be a problem. Ask for a river view room and you would be in paradize.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Claudia S, Front Office Manager at Derag Livinghotel Henriette, responded to this review, October 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

FOM

Been to Derag Livinghotel Henriette? Share your experiences!