“very good value for money - except for the noise!” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Prinzregent Hotel to your Saves list
Prinzregent Hotel
Prinzregent Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Prinzregentenstrasse | Wilmersdorf, 10715 Berlin, Germany   |
Ranked #489 of 664 hotels in Berlin
the netherlands
“very good value for money - except for the noise!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Probably, I never got any better value for money than at this hotel. It is cheap and well maintained, breakfast is limited but sufficient. Friendly staff.

Considering that I only paid 65Euro for two nights, I would give it 4 stars, if there was not the noise problem. It is located directly next to the A100 city highway, which makes sleeping with open window impossible. When the window was closed, I tried the A/C, but it was basically as noisy as the highway.

Conclusion: I would definitely go back to this hotel in winter when windows can be closed. During summer a no-go.

By the way, across the street is a decent Spanish restaurant.

Room Tip: I believe there is no room that is shielded from the highway noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Berlin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed there as soon as I arrived in Berlin for almost a a month. I used to prepay my rent and when I came down to the reception they were very rude to get their money. I told them that I was already staying there for 15 days with no problems and that I was going to get the money to the Bank....this was the first strange incident !

After staying for another 15 days and leaving them more than 1000 euros, (the room ranges from 30-40 euros a night), I told them to keep my suitcase as I was travelling abroad and I made a reservation verbally in collaboration with the receptionist. The girl I talked told me that it was ok to leave my suitcase and they also told me that my room would be ok for the dates I booked as soon as I would be back.

Then after I arrived, at 21.00 and after receiving a very hostile, rude and ignorant welcome from the dark hair young lady, claiming to be the manager, she told me that my room was not available and that I had to leave the Hotel ! When I told her that she is not polite and that I want to see the manager, she threatened me to call the police, and she called the police.... The police left because nothing happened....The stuff, and specifically this lady treated me very bad ! They do not know anything from hospitality and it is a pity. Almost all the staff, besides a young man, who is better, are rude....KEEP AWAY...If money and location is your only reason then go and dont wait for much....

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms seem to have better internet connection. the ones looking on the front part of the s...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

If you thought a 3 star hotel is average, try the Prinzregent Hotel in Berlin (Prinzregentenstrasse, take the Bundesplatz subway). I experienced hospitality, friendly staff, huge breakfasts and much more than I bargained for. Absolutely worth every cent and 20m walk from a supermarket with fresh brotchen, fleisch, wine and everything you need. Next to a busy road but when the windows are closed, you can hardly hear anything. I'm definetely coming to Berlin again next year (what a wonderful city!) and definitely staying in the Prinzregent Hotel again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Brussels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2006

The service at the hotel was great! We have booked true internet and everything went fine. Even when we arrived later than 00 pm the staff was still friendly and helpful.

The rooms are fine and clean, but very noisy! It was hot in Berlin and if you did open the windows you could hear the highway. Airco would be a great +++ It was noisy but the beds are very good so I got a good sleep. The bathroom is to small, certainly if you are whit two people in the room.

Breakfast was also fine, great avarage + hotel, great value! Easy to reach with public transport.

So it's not the "grand luxe" but the service is very good. Fine, small hotel. It would go back to this hotel

• Liked — Friendly hotel staff and front desk, and the beds!
  • Disliked — The noise from the highway, no airco.
  • Tips/Secrets — Late check-out on sunday's!!!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2006

We stayed here in July of 2006, and the weather in the city was very hot at that time. Our room faced the A-100 autobahn, and the noise was tremedous if we had the windows open. It was too hot to sleep in the room with the windows closed, but too loud if we kept them open, so it made for a very long uncomfortable night.

Breakfast was quite adequate, staff was friendly and helpful, and our room cost was about 70 euro per night.

Not a bad place to stay, a bit out of the way perhaps, but a much better option in a cooler time of year than in mid-summer.

• Stayed July 2006

Been to Prinzregent Hotel? Share your experiences!