“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 662 Hotels in Berlin
Durban
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had a fantastic 4 night stay at the Intercontinental Berlin. What an amazing city and the location of the Intercontinental was so convenient to get to the various sights, theaters and shopping. The 200 bus stops right in front and takes you either to the U Bahn or past various theaters. Potsdammer Platz and the Brandenburg Gate. On the first evening I could even smell the zoo close by!

Rooms are comfortable with a great shower and the complimentary wifi works well. The Gym and pool area are such a treat to unwind after exploring. The breakfast is the most expansive spread I have ever seen. Boasting a wide range of good quality breakfast choices.

Staff were very professional and polite throughout. Thank you I had a great stay and will most definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Craig,

thank you very much for posting such impressive pictures of our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

For us, it is of utmost importance to provide you with a 360 degrees excellent service experience. This includes e.g. our free WiFi which we improved recently to match many needs of our guests. Stays like yours are what we strive for.

See you again soon in Berlin.

InterContinental Berlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

One hectic day + night meeting friends and revisiting a much-loved city: from the very start, this hotel proved the right one for me. A short walk from Bahnhof Zoo, an immediate upgrade, and - new to me - instead of the usual coupon for a drink in the bar, a coupon giving a free item from the room's minibar - much better! The room was big and comfortable - so big, I briefly couldn't find the door! Access to the Internet was rapid, the complimentary connection was more than adequate for my needs.
My first of two caveats: as with so many hotels of this kind, little thought has been given to some of the guests' practical needs. There was only one power socket in the room, in the desk. The kettle could therefore only be used, not on the table on which it was located with the free coffee, tea and (wonderful!) chocolate, but right next to my computer. Ditto razor and mobile phone charging. Eventually I discovered a well-hidden power socket in the hallway next to the door. My second caveat: the tap for the bath/shower was located behind the bather's back and a long way from the shower.
The bed was fine and the breakfast buffet outstanding. No trouble getting a 16:00 checkout; when I returned to the hotel shortly before that, the electronic key still worked the lift and my room's door. How often have I had to return to Reception for a time-consuming top-up!
Getting a taxi from the hotel to Tegel airport was instant, and the staff's fare estimate was absolutely accurate.
One tip from a local friend: opposite the hotel is the Franziskus hospital. On the top of the hospital is a roof garden café open to the public. Go up there for the view!
I'm sure I'll be back.

Room Tip: Get upgraded!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Rodney

thank you for staying with us and for reviewing your days in Berlin and at our hotel.

I am sorry that you did not find enough power sockets in your rooms. This is something hard to change and we already installed more than average in our rooms. Our technicians will be happy to point you to the available sockets when you give our teams a call.

Other than that, I am very happy to hear about your experience. Please let me just point out: Although we do not have a rooftop terrace, the view from Hugos Restaurant on our 14th floor is even better than from the hospital's rooftop. You can simply enjoy a drink a Hugos Bar while enjoying the view.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights on a mini break.

Location was just perfect for us, and we had been told the breakfast was to die for, so we booked this hotel on that recommendation alone!

We were not disappointed. We checked in at 12 expecting maybe to have to wait for a room, but there was one available and we unpacked and explored the area. The Tiergarten / zoo area is an excellent base to explore Berlin from and the hotel is located near the zoo station so getting from the airport is very quick and easy.

Our room was excellent - clean and modern with all the facilities you'd expect from this brand.

Had a few drinks in Marlene's bar which is quite pricey but typical hotel prices really, and it's easy enough to find somewhere close by.

Breakfast was simply amazing. I've probably not seen such a wide selection of food in any hotel worldwide, and the quality is excellent. The food is replenished long before it runs out which is excellent to see as some hotels are not so diligent.

The beds were very comfortable and a full night's sleep was had both nights. It was nice to be able to have the window open and the a/c off.

Customer service is second to none here and the staff go out of their way to accommodate any requests.

Check out was seamless and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Prices were extremely reasonable for the brand, location and service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Wyc0mbe

there is nothing I would like to add to your excellent review besides a sincere "Thank you" and that I hope we will welcome you again at the InterContinental Berlin.

Anthem, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

It is a very nice and expensive hotel near a number of foreign Embassy buildings . The hotel has everything you could ask for along with wonderful service by staff and management. The only drawback was having to pay $20 daily to use the spa area, other than that it was excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Christian

thank you for choosing the InterContinental Berlin as your hotel in Germany's capital.

I am pleased that you found our hotel matching and exceeding your expectations. Our SPA InterContinental - the only aspect for improvement you mentioned - is intended as an exclusive area only for those who really intend to use it. The pool and gym area are free of charge for everyone.

If you prefer to use many services of the InterContinental Berlin, I strongly recommend inquiring about our Club InterContinental. Breakfast as well as snacks and drinks are included - and so is the SPA InterContinental and our high-speed internet. Additionally, you may rest in our Club InterContinental Lounge.

With that being said, we hope to see you again soon in Berlin.

Helsinki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Hotel Intercontinental Berlin (5 stars) is situated in the center of the town, overlooking the zoo and nearby the famous KaDeWe one of europ's biggest warehouse. It has 2 parts, one 14 floors high on the zoo-side and the other 8 floors overlooking the city.Arriving from Tegel-airport by taxi takes about 15-30 minutes depending of the traffic. When we reached the hotel, our suitcases ware taken by the concierge and brought to our rooms. Check-in personal was so lovely, we thought, that we are their very best friends.My daughter's family had a junior-suite in the 12th floor and I had a club de Luxe room. We are both more than satisfied with the space and the cleanless. I think, it is worth paying a bit more than a cheaper hotel and be happy as can be.

The club-room I had, alowed me to use the club in the 8th floor. For my daughte's family I paid aditional for their access to the club. The club is a place, you do not want to leave. The stuff is very engaged and they do their work with "full heart". They have time for you and give you all the help you need. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner in the club, which was a very quiet place to sit. The breafast is not so large as in the ground-floor restaurant, but the food is exceptionel good (I can asure you, because I am member of Chaîne-des-Rossiseurs) and served very beautifully like on the 4- or 5-satrs cruising ships.

There is a large spa-aerea, which my daughter and gran-child loved. Only thing which is strange: you must be undressed in the sauna (german law).
Next time I come to Berlin, I shall come back to the Intercontinental, for sure!

Room Tip: Take a club-room if you can afford it.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Genussreisender

thank you for your thorough and so positive review of the InterContinental Berlin. Your gratifying words have been shared with our teams.

I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed our hotel and until you return, I wish you similar experiences around the world.

Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

this hotel is excellent.
the location is great - in front of the hotel you have a nu 200 bus that can take you anywhere you need.
the bus stop is as near as can be to the front dor
breakfast is very good -
the spa is very good- a relaxing quiet place and you can order drinks and snakes
you can walk to the shopping area with inn a few minutes
if you are willing to pay, this is the hotel for you

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Tamar

thank you for staying with us and for reviewing us with such delightful words.

See you soon back in Berlin.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

In terms of the room, the stay was pretty good and comfortable. As a plat ambassador, our junior suite was upgraded to a senior suite.

Only problem with the stay was with the housekeeping staff. House keeping staff let themselves into the room a few times when we were still sleeping in the morning at 830-9 am twice and in the evening at around 5 when I told them to come back at 8 when we were gone.

Another problem encountered was the inability of the printer to print out my bill which extended the checkout period to around 15-20 minutes.

Apart from these problems, hotel staff, especially the front desk staff were extremely nice and friendly in general.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear jh

thank you for staying at the InterContinental Berlin and for leaving a review with useful hints on your stay.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by our housekeeping staff. Please let me assure you that it happened with the best intentions. At the same time, you have the possibility to switch on a "Do not disturb" light (DND) within your room which lights up red outside. Then, no team member will try and enter your room. If you still wish for your room to be cleaned, you can give our Guest Service Center a call and they will arrange for the housekeeping to attend to your needs.

All in all, I am confident that we will be able to make your stay even better next time.

InterContinental Berlin

Been to InterContinental Berlin? Share your experiences!