“beautiful rooms and check out the gorgeous pool” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #26 of 662 Hotels in Berlin
San Francisco, California
“beautiful rooms and check out the gorgeous pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

the rooms at this hotel are gorgeous especially the junior suites. Loved it all especially the Pool..OMG..check it out.

However, a problem that is becoming a serious issue especially in Germany with the Starwood Properities (westin,sheraton,etc) is that they never upgrade for those that have status even though there are rooms. Now, at this property which is part of the IHG/Priority Program..we rented the Junior suite but it is quite interesting how they never seem to have upgrades available as well. I am glad to hear that Westin is being looked at as a possible lawsuit in Germany for not upgrading as part of the Elite Program and this can be verified by the large number of complaints. However, I am the highest Elite status and yet, never any upgrades in Germany?????? I think there seems to be an issue in Germany with the SPG and possibly other Programs. But, the rooms and overall service...very nice

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear worldtrav1990

thank you for your compliments on our rooms and our SPA InterContinental as well as pointing us towards a shortcoming during your stay - especially as you as a Priority Club Rewards member are one of our most valued customers.

Please excuse any inconvenience caused by us not recognizing you as a Priority Club Member. Therefore, I will get in touch with you personally in order to look into the details of your stay.

I hope that you will return to the InterContinental Berlin in the future to stay in one of our junior suites with views across the city.

InterContinental Berlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I had a pleasant stay.

LOCATION:
Not very good. It is next to Tiergarten park, but it is a hike to the metro and a very long walk to the city center. (I'm American, so take "long walk" with a grain of salt)

SERVICE:
Excellent service, but a few minor hiccups. I pulled up to the hotel and asked for valet parking, and the bellman instructed me to park in the garage. I discovered later other guests had no problem valeting their cars. I forgot my phone charge (typical), and the concierge happened to have one, but wouldn't let me take it to my room because it was the hotel's only charger for guests. At the Vienna IC, they just let me borrow one. Not a big deal really, but I kind of expected an IC concierge to be able to be a little more flexible.

FOOD:
If you order room service, don't get the Consomme. It's just a bowl of broth for 9 euros.
The breakfast was extremely disappointing. Among all the ICs I've stayed at, the selection of hot food and international food was the poorest. It was definitely not worth 30 euros. Also, something I noticed about all ICs is that no matter how you order your eggs, you will get sunny side up.

ROOM
This intercontinental is different in other ICs in Europe, as the rooms are modern and chic. My only problem was that the AC was extremely loud. But other than that, the rooms were comfortable and well-stocked with amenities.

Room Tip: View of tiergarten from a high floor is nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear BostonianT

Thank you for reviewing your InterContinental Berlin stay. Also, I would like to thank you for thoroughly describing some deficits you discovered during your trip as your remarks help us to become better and create a memorable guest experience.

I believe that your experience with the valet parking may have been a misunderstanding as this service is available to all our guests free of charge. Nonetheless, we once again reviewed our procedure in order to prevent any future confusion.

I am sorry that your dining experiences during your stay were not to your full satisfaction. Please rest assured that we are always striving to create an exceptional experience at the L.A. Cafe.

Besides these impressions, your review indicates that you had a good stay with us in Berlin. Therefore I hope that we will be one of the InterContinental Hotels you return to in the future and until then I wish you great travel experiences.

The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great hotel in a perfect location. The Berlijn marathon was in full swing but did not affect our weekend away, would highly recommend this hotel. It is centrally located so for shopping or doing the tourist route it was just perfect. My two year old Son was with us and we made a lot of trips to the hotel pool which he just loved. Will return some time soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear tRoode

it is great to hear that you and your son had a good time in Berlin also due to staying at the InterContinental Berlin.

We have recently been approved as family friendly hotel by visitBerlin and provide some benefits for our smaller guests such as children bath robes.

I wish for you to have similar hotel experiences in the future and our teams and I are looking forward to your return.

Ascot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Fantastic stay , staff very helpful ,always willing to help. Rooms a very high standard, cleaned to an immaculate standard .
Perfect location to visit all the sights and concierge very knowledgable about trips / excursions and you can get tickets from the hotel which saves time .
Cannot wait to visit Berlin again and I would definitely stay at the intercontinental hotel again .

Room Tip: Both sides of the hotel have great rooms , one side is more modern trendy and the other more contemp...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear James

your words describe a perfect stay in Berlin and I want to thank you for your kind review.

Our teams - who are always willing to go out of their way - and I are looking forward to your return.

Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

So I have to say that the brand of the Intercontinental is the same even in Berlin. I moved over to the Intercontinental from the Ritz-Carlton. I was dissapointed in the Ritz, but not the Intercontinental. While the rooms are compariable to European sizes, the overall experience was much better than then Ritz.

Good: The rooms were modern with clean lines. Everything was functional and space, while small, was well used. The Spa was nice (good reflexology massage after a big day of walking). I loved the bed, but my husband was not a huge fan (too hard for him). i loved the air conditioner!!! It kept the room a really nice temperature. I loved the nice desk in the room and the chair was really nice. The staff was exceptionally helpful.

Needs Improvement: I didn't like that the TV was kept in a glass case. You couldn't really see it well from the bed. Also, the shower was ackward. You had to stand on the sloping part of the tub to shower. I felt like i needed to grab something all the time. That really needs to be fixed! From a staffing perspective, the young man that worked the spa in the evenings needs some help with his interpersonal skills. He kept stating the "rules" and was surprisingly rude about it considering the rest of the staff seemed friendly. He could have gotten better results by stating that "the rules" differently.

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks the spa and the river.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear A W

thank you for your compliments also and especially compared to other hotels in Berlin.

We at the InterContinental Berlin aim to connect our guests with the local culture and at the same time provide the high standards you are used to from other InterContinental Hotels & Resorts.

I will forward your feedback to our teams and especially the SPA in order to improve our guest experience in this part of the hotel and to meet the standard in friendliness and service we strive for.

Again, thank you for your review and I wish you pleasant journeys and future stays in the German capital.

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Usually I stay private in Berlin but sometimes I have to move to a "public" facility.
Location is good though not excellent as the next Metro or public transport is a few minutes to walk, however, you are very close to the heart of the former West-Berlin and who stays at the Interconti should also be able to afford a cab ;o).
Facilities and Rooms (I stayed in the modern wing) are according to brand expectation, though the room structure was a bit odd with the wardrobe in/behind the bathroom (coming to think about it maybe not a bad idea as this is the place you dress afterwards anyway) and the (small but interactive) TV just parallell to the bed-side behind glass => rather difficult to watch and not what you may expect. But anyway, you should not watch the tube but go out and experience Berlin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Herff

although both our wings offer modern facilities and the East Wing has been built later, the West Wing features our most recently refurbished rooms. Our Deluxe category provides entertainment facilities paired with a modern layout. In the East Wing, you find our Superior Rooms which are tailored more towards innovative design with movable parts such as the cube which includes the TV.

You are completely right in saying that one should definitely experience Berlin to the fullest and our concierges are ready to provide tips which will enable you to gain insight into Berlin beyond its tourist attractions.

Thank you for reviewing your experience with our hotel and for staying with us while visiting the German capital.

Hurghada, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

im visiting Berling since 15 years and this is the first time to be in this hotel as guest and i must say its very nice hotel i was for 2 days as business trip and since i arrived late night the check inn was very fast and comfortable the room is very nice and specious bath is big . breakfast buffet is very nice a lot of varities, the lobby bar is nice and very big lots of choices and lovely drinks and lovely atmosphere .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Moudy

it is great to hear that even after 15 years of visiting Berlin, you still keep your eyes open and that you visited the InterContinental Berlin for the first time. I hope that your next visit to our hotel will not take another 15 years as you stated that you liked our amenities and rooms.

Thank you for your review and for staying with us.

InterContinental Berlin

Been to InterContinental Berlin? Share your experiences!