“Nice Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amorino

Oranienburger Strasse 1, 10178 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 52 Ice Cream in Berlin
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mitte
Cranleigh, England
“Nice Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Walking around needed an icecream the place looked ok, so why not.

The icecream range was excellent and average prices. But what we really liked was how you select the icecreams. You can choose as many flavours as you like to fill the cup or cone. I had 4 in a small cup. Great idea. The chocolate sorbet was delicious

Visited May 2013

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Madrid, Spain
“Unproper treatment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

An stablishment with such prices and characteristics doesn´t have a guest WC. When asked about it (really needed one!!), the employees will send you to search for one in the restaurants close to Amorino, and will offer no othe alternatives (and they do have one in the basement, but 2staff only"!!).
When coming back after a while, after an unsuccessful search in the neighbourhood, not even a polite question about my luck.
They do charge for what they sell (3€ for a coffee), but service leaves a lot to be desired.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Ice cream isn't my thing, but LOVE Amorino”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I'm not a big fan of ice cream, I know, as a girl, but.. :) How I ended up there? I encountered 2 other travelers on the road. One of them recognized the store while we were walking. Apparently, he was willing to spend a whole day to look for Amorino in Paris, in order to take his family there. Lucky me. This must have been the BEST ice cream I've ever had. Anything that is chocolate or coffee is so awesome, full and rich in flavour. I found the price reasonable considering the high quality of ice cream you get. Now the problem is I'm even pickier in ice cream :)

Not very impressed with the service though. One of the girls working there seemed quite impatient and somewhat cocky. But my ice cream mood wasn't destroyed for a bit.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Above average ice cream in Berlin center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I discovered this lovely place for a happy coincidence: it's really near Hachesher Markt in Berlin, and I was walking there without a goal. So I decided to have an ice cream and I saw Amorino: great flavours, strange consistence but then you find out the reason: they create a flower ice cream ! A rose, more specifically. I had nuts, vanilla and stracciatella and all the 3 of them were reall good. Amorino deserves a visit ( a little bit expensive, I admit ) !

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
1 Thank DeDFlorence
Basel, Switzerland
“Tasteless icecream”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is the first time in my life I've had difficulty in recognizing ice cream flavors. The flavors I chose (tiramisu and pistachio) were absolutely tasteless. It's been like eating water in the form of ice cream. Absolutely disappointing. Don't let the nice shop window trick you and avoid this place.

Visited September 2012