“Above average ice cream in Berlin center” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amorino

Amorino
Oranienburger Strasse 1, 10178 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
+49-30-27596517
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 50 Ice Cream in Berlin
Cuisines: Ice Cream
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Mitte
Florence
“Above average ice cream in Berlin center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I discovered this lovely place for a happy coincidence: it's really near Hachesher Markt in Berlin, and I was walking there without a goal. So I decided to have an ice cream and I saw Amorino: great flavours, strange consistence but then you find out the reason: they create a flower ice cream ! A rose, more specifically. I had nuts, vanilla and stracciatella and all the 3 of them were reall good. Amorino deserves a visit ( a little bit expensive, I admit ) !

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Basel, Switzerland
“Tasteless icecream”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is the first time in my life I've had difficulty in recognizing ice cream flavors. The flavors I chose (tiramisu and pistachio) were absolutely tasteless. It's been like eating water in the form of ice cream. Absolutely disappointing. Don't let the nice shop window trick you and avoid this place.

Visited September 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Wunderbar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Near Hackescher Markt, this great shop served up wonderful waffles with ice cream and we were pointed towards the soothing mulled red wine by the friendly guy serving. Wunderbar!

Visited December 2011
London
“Best ice cream on 2 week holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This ice cream is far and away the best we had on 2 week holiday! Tee flavours are diverse but not silly and the portions generous. The staff were helpful and let us try flavours (unlike several other places ). In London I go to Marine ices and that is my benchmark - this place is THE place to go in Berlin for delicious ice cream.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis
“Authentic gelato in Berlin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Wowwwww! I tried Amorino on the first night of my stay in Berlin and went back for more very night after that. The gelato was comparable to what I'd tasted in Italy. The chocolate and hazelnut flavors were beyond description. I also found Gianduiotto chocolates here to my delight.

This is a must stop if you are in Berlin and love gelato.

• Visited August 2012