“Feel rich - have a cocktail” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lobby, Lounge & Bar im Hotel Adlon Kempinski

Lobby, Lounge & Bar im Hotel Adlon Kempinski
Unter den Linden 77, 10117 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
+49 30 22611959
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 481 Nightlife in Berlin
Type: Bars
Drake, Colorado
31 attraction reviews
“Feel rich - have a cocktail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

The historic Adlon, the model for Garbo's Grand Hotel, almost completely destroyed in the war, and later what remained was demolished by the East Germans, now rebuilt. Mere mortals can't afford to stay there but we can go into the lobby bar and order a drink. Order a cocktail from the specialty menu. Now, i am cheap but I ordered a brilliant cocktail (Kaiser's Cup, I believe) and it cost 17 euro. My partner, who ordered a beer, thought I was nuts and then regretted being so frugal. The drink was lovely and I could imagine being rich. And the staff did not make us feel as if we did not belong. You will feel as if you're back in the Weimar Republic.

Visited November 2010