“Basic Greek” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Helsinki, Finland
“Basic Greek”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Basic restaurant near hotel Pullman Schweitzerhof and Intercontinental. Cheap food which was alright even if the tarama was salty and my husbands meet not of the best quality. Greek starters were good and the owner was nice. The waitress was a little bit lost, brought wrong food and did not remember drink orders. Terrasse outside for a glass in the afternoon.

• Visited October 2012

41% Recommend
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Rude and Inadequate Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed at the Intercontinental across the street and decided, as I am a travel writer for Greece, to have a Greek meal.

When we arrived the strange waiter went AWOL and so we were left sitting like idiots with no drinks or menu or anything. We felt insulted. The amateurish attitude and the lack of care and attention was deafening and eventually we were ready to leave. When he did decide to serve us - just as we were about to leave - he was very quick to come back with our order of a mixed grill. The meat was like chewy leather and the huge pile of cold sliced fried potatoes were congealed and revolting. The whole experience was unpleasant, awkward and one of the poorest I have ever experienced. It was an insult to Greek cuisine which when good can be totally delicious! The food here was lamentable and the service a disgrace. I cannot recommend this restaurant to anyone - go elsewhere. I suggest you get a taxi to Kantstrasse (nearby) which has about fifty restaurants of good to above average quality. It is also a delightful street to stroll down.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
firenze
“Tasty greek food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

In a not full of restaurants area we have met this greek restaurant. Staff is very friendly and took us ouzo for free as well, food is tasty and the main dishes are big enough for hungry ones. As many greek restaurant the place is a little bit kitch but it's what you epect from this kind of restaurants.

Visited August 2012
Washington
“Not bad at all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Dined here on three occasions, the food was fine, reasonably priced, and plentiful. The service was good and the staff were pleasant, polite and patient. We received ouzo before and after the meal. On each visit the restaurant was busy and there was a nice atmosphere. The only drawback, as far as we were concerned, was that they didn't take credit cards, although we discovered later that this is not uncommon in Berlin.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stockholm, Sweden
“One of my worst experience ever...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Located just across the street from my Hotel, Intercontinental, I opted for a dinner here on my last night in Berlin. I asked the hotel concierge about this restaurant when I arrived, since I needed some food, but he told me to avoid at all costs. I did not quite believe him since Romiosinik was quite crowded every night, so I decided to give it a go, WRONG CHOICE...

I ordered some drinks and pizza, but they didnt have any ham since it "was sunday"... So I asked for Salami instead of Ham which the waitress said was ok.
The Caiprinha came after a few minutes, and it was OK. Then the pizza came with 2 slices of salami cut in smaller pieces so the ham was replaced by only TWO slices of salami...
The taste was ok though although without any spices.

But I didnt get my beer that I ordered to be served with the food, but after some complaints a beer arrived. The Beer however was not very tasty, it was some sort of cheap lager called Achilles, probably a low price beer...
I ate up, and really wanted dessert, but noone of the waiters seemed to take any notice of me, hoverever they served some other people so they were still alive. After about 30 minutes I "shouted" for the waiter and he came, but he didnt speak any English so he called a girl. I told her that I had wanted a dessert, but that was 30 minutes ago. She started arguing with me, so I just told her I wanted the billso I could leave the place. Then suddenly a Ouzo came from the owner, but needless to say I didnt drinkt the ouzu and I didnt leave a tip. I also wanted to pay with my credit card, but they refused to accept it and claimed "their machine is broken". This is what most restaurants cheating with the VAT would claim...
Dont go here if you can avoid it...

• Visited August 2012