“Not bad at all” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Washington
“Not bad at all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Dined here on three occasions, the food was fine, reasonably priced, and plentiful. The service was good and the staff were pleasant, polite and patient. We received ouzo before and after the meal. On each visit the restaurant was busy and there was a nice atmosphere. The only drawback, as far as we were concerned, was that they didn't take credit cards, although we discovered later that this is not uncommon in Berlin.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Stockholm, Sweden
“One of my worst experience ever...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Located just across the street from my Hotel, Intercontinental, I opted for a dinner here on my last night in Berlin. I asked the hotel concierge about this restaurant when I arrived, since I needed some food, but he told me to avoid at all costs. I did not quite believe him since Romiosinik was quite crowded every night, so I decided to give it a go, WRONG CHOICE...

I ordered some drinks and pizza, but they didnt have any ham since it "was sunday"... So I asked for Salami instead of Ham which the waitress said was ok.
The Caiprinha came after a few minutes, and it was OK. Then the pizza came with 2 slices of salami cut in smaller pieces so the ham was replaced by only TWO slices of salami...
The taste was ok though although without any spices.

But I didnt get my beer that I ordered to be served with the food, but after some complaints a beer arrived. The Beer however was not very tasty, it was some sort of cheap lager called Achilles, probably a low price beer...
I ate up, and really wanted dessert, but noone of the waiters seemed to take any notice of me, hoverever they served some other people so they were still alive. After about 30 minutes I "shouted" for the waiter and he came, but he didnt speak any English so he called a girl. I told her that I had wanted a dessert, but that was 30 minutes ago. She started arguing with me, so I just told her I wanted the billso I could leave the place. Then suddenly a Ouzo came from the owner, but needless to say I didnt drinkt the ouzu and I didnt leave a tip. I also wanted to pay with my credit card, but they refused to accept it and claimed "their machine is broken". This is what most restaurants cheating with the VAT would claim...
Dont go here if you can avoid it...

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Varkaus, Finland
“Basic Greek one”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This Greek restaurant is located nicely near the Zoo and also pretty close to Kurfurstendamm. I had Kopanisti as a starter, it was ok. My main meal was a basic pizza - no surprises to good or bad. It was a bit difficult to get the waiter's attention and I didn't have the chance to order another glass of beer. I noticed that the main meal for the next table was pretty slow. A shot of ouzo comes with the check, of course.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nottingham
“Girl Vs Cabbage”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Romiosini is very close to the hotel in which we were staying so for two hungry people it seemed like a logical choice.

The service, it has to be said was good -two different waitresses served us and both were efficient and friendly. The food on the other hand was odd. I ordered the Halloumi salad which turned out to be halloumi served with an ecclectic selection of many many ingredients such as fried chicken, fried peppers, fried mushrooms, jalapeños, stuffed olives, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, oregano and more cabbage than any normal person could consume in a life time. It defeated me.

My husbands meal - a Gyros was disappointing too. I think the cuisine could described as 'Greeman' - German Greek.

Truthfully I wouldn't eat here again and probably would urge others to give it a wide berth too. At least until they change the menu.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stuttgart, Germany
“Waste of money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We ate here on Good Friday ,it is opposite where we were staying and we wanted something quick as we were going out. I had eaten here before and it was ok. This time the starters came fast enough but the main course was rather slow, as for the food we left half our main courses as they are heated up cheap frozen food quality. I had pork medallions that were so tough I could barely cut them, with sauce out of a packet.

• Visited April 2012