“Modern, trendy at a great location!” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Invalidenstrasse 54, 10557 Berlin, Germany (Moabit)   |
Ranked #116 of 665 Hotels in Berlin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lutherstadt Eisleben, Germany
“Modern, trendy at a great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My best business bet in Berlin. Any company budget can carry these rates and any traveller will appreciate the closeness to the main railway station! We zip in and out of Berlin and prefer to stay at this great location. The hotel is a beehive of smartly dressed young professionals and leisure travellers. Accommodations are made up of small, clean, functional and color coordinated rooms with free wifi. The large main lobby serves as breakfast room, reception and lounge at night. Breakfast is generous and plentiful and can be eaten at a choice of dining style tables or in casual seating areas with a mix of wingback chairs and bistro seating. In the evening the Motel One Cocktail special invites to stay and chat. There is outdoor lounge seating in the summer. The staff is accommodating and friendly. The nearby railway station offers great connections to all points of the city and round the clock shopping and dining. The value for the money is perfect!

Room Tip: Rooms to the inner court are quietest.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MIljan D, General Manager at Motel One Berlin-Hauptbahnhof, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you very much for your great feedback. We are very pleased that you felt comfortabel with us and looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I knew what to expect as had stayed at a Motel One several days earlier and this hotel was pretty much as I had expected. Room was clean and modern, heating was great and once again we had the TV that turns on to show a roaring open fire- loved that touch in December! We hadn't gone for the breakfast at our stay the other Motel One but decided to here, were happy that we did as the selection was pretty good. The only negative was that despite there seeming to be plenty of space when the lobby is empty, it was pretty hard to find a table and we had to stand around waiting until someone left and then elbow several other people out of the way to claim our spot. But it was worth it for that fresh fruit salad, and darn those croissants were good!

We were getting a train at stupid a.m on New Years morning so thought this location would be ideal and it was. Was easy to get around Berlin using the Hauptbahnhof as an easy base, good to have a central point if you are unfamiliar with a sprawling city.

Overall, no complaints, would stay at any Motel One again although if we went back to Berlin and weren't having to get up at 6am on New Years Day would probably pick another location

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MIljan D, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Motel One Berlin-Hauptbahnhof, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and really enjoyed our stay. Our check in was quick and painless. You pay on check-in. We asked our receptionist a number of questions on travelling around berlin and she double checked for us on the internet. Very friendly. Our room was on the 10th floor so had decent views. The room was a typical Motel One room. Comfortable, basic, stylish and clean. En-suite was very modern, granite and clean. Loved the tear drop showers. We used the wifi throughout our stay. Strong signal on the 10th floor. I would highly recommend this hotel chain for their central location, comfort, reasonable prices, good food and great service.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor. Views are better.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
The Rustbelt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed at Motel One for a weekend in September. Great location for Berlin; right at the Hauptbahnhof. It was kind of crazy with all the construction.

Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Everyone, including bartenders, housekeeping, reception. Pleasant lobby.

I got very annoyed when I paid my bill and they asked me if I wanted to pay in dollars or Euros. I thought it was a nice gesture that I could save the 1% fee on my cc for foreign exchange.

When I returned to my room I looked at the receipt and noticed that they had charged me 3% for this service, costing me an extra $10. Further, the hotel must have known this is a ripoff, since it stated the receipt that this is irreversible once you sign it and you fully accept the exchange rate. Other guests, in the past, must have noticed this later as I had and tried to reverse their decisions later.

So, I guess I am partially at fault here; I should have read the agreement closely; in my defense I had traveled over 10 hours. Nonetheless, not a nice gesture. Hope this review saves someone else a few bucks or euros or whatever.

It looks like the US-style corporate model of having great, helpful, friendly employees working for greedy, nickle-and-dime management has crossed the Atlantic.

I left with that dirty feeling you get when you have to deal with Time Warner Cable, American Airlines, a cell phone carrier, or some other shady US corporation. At least the room had a shower.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have stayed at the Motel One Berlin-Hauptbahnhof on three separate occasions. I have always been very impressed with the front desk staff, who have been consistently courteous and helpful. I am very impressed with the concept. Give guests what they need and don't spend money giving them things they don't need. You get two little packets of soap. One Shampoo, and one body wash. Make them last. You do not get a phone, everyone uses cell phones. You do get Wi-Fi access. The room is just big enough to old the furniture and allow you to move around. Pretty typical size wise to European Hotels generally. Bathrooms are probably a little on the small size, unless you frequent small town bed and breakfasts.

I cannot extrapolate this good review to other Motel Ones, however. I have two other Motel One reviews where the manager is apparently trying to cut costs by limiting air-conditioning to the point of discomfort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
MIljan D, Manager at Motel One Berlin-Hauptbahnhof, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are very pleased that you had a great stay at our Motel One and we´re looking forward to welcome you again.
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

In my trip to Berlin, I stayed in 2 hotels close to the Central Station, and this hotel is relatively less preferred. It is new, but room is smaller and with less facilities (such as heater in bathroom), but is more expensive. One of the main entrance auto door was broken down during our stay....The hotel lobby is designed in modern styele, but quite crowded during the breakfast time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

It is a very comfortable place for a short trip to Berlin. I can recommend it to everyone who is on a business trip or short holidays to Berlin. Spotlessly clean, nicely decorated in modern style -not luxury, but very comfortable. Excellent value for money, close to main train station and walking distance to Berlin attraction. Good basic breakfast, helpful staff.
If you expect luxury hotel with fitness centre and room service - it is not for you, but for me and my friends it was absolutely great - especially for the money we paid.
I like to stay in places which are not "basic" - I like the ambience, the style. So, this hotel, even if it provides quite simple service, was perfect for me - I enjoyed having a drink with a lobby, I enjoyed my room, I enjoyed breakfast.
Definitely I want to stay there again when in Berlin.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Motel One Berlin-Hauptbahnhof? Share your experiences!