The first impression of the hotel building is good. A big hotel in modern yellow stone, with huge windows and a lot of natural light. The entrance hall is extremely big and very neat. On the left you have the 9 P.M. bar and a small waiting lounge with some magazines, on the right a big illuminated glass stair and in front of you a huge reception desk with very young receptionists. The receptionists were extremely friendly.
When we arrived in the room, which was only a few steps away from the spa lift, we were pleasantly surprised. A nice big room with lots of natural light. Everything was very well cleaned, the mini bar was fully stocked and fragrant guest supplies were ready for us. The bed and pillows are very comfortable and the dark curtains darken the room very well. The shower head is very strong and the small towels and paper towels are very useful.
The hotel really has a prime location. And against all odds, in the room you can’t hear anything of what is happening outside. The soundproofing of the rooms has been proved.
The spa area is truly an oasis of tranquillity. When entering the spa, fresh towels are being presented to the guests. The pool is really nice, only the water is a little cold (in my opinion). The experience shower in the separated area is very pleasant. The sauna and steam room are well maintained. The red mosaics in the steam room are really beautiful. The foot baths are very pleasant to cool down and just relax for a while.
The breakfast buffet was very extensive. The freshly prepared pancakes tasted delicious. I appreciated the wide range of fruit juices. The service was excellent. Someone immediately asked if we wanted to drink coffee, tea or something else. Empty plates were removed pronto and empty cups were, if desired, filled. The ladies at the entrance of the breakfast room were very friendly.
The bar is rather small compared to other parts of the hotel . Around 23.20 o’clock , we went to the bar, and the seats were all taken so we had to take a seat on the bar stools. After a couple of minutes we could settle in the seats. Half an hour later all the seats and bar stools were taken and people had to sit down in the waiting lounge (which is also looking cosy). The selection of the bar is very extensive and the drinks are reasonably priced. Another nice detail is the bright " curtains " that separate the entrance hall from the bar.
The underground car park isn’t really big, but it’s a very clean one and the connection to the entrance hall of the hotel is very easy.
The internet connection is real fast.
I strongly recommend this hotel to everyone who is going to Berlin. It’s a perfect hotel for city trips, families, couples, business people, … .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sofitel Berlin Schweizerhof welcomes you in the centre of the metropolis. Experience the special ambiance of our prestigious hotel with 383 elegant rooms and 18 modern function rooms. Relax in our exclusive Aqua Spa, the biggest indoor hotel pool in Berlin, or enjoy regional and Mediterranean treats. Tourists and business guests both appreciate the location close to the Kurfurstendamm, 3 to 5 km from the central railway station and the exhibition centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Schweizerhof
- Sofitel Berlin