“billiant hotel with very good service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Frühbucher zahlen weniger
Ranked #12 of 664 hotels in Berlin
middlesbrough
“billiant hotel with very good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here as a bit of a treat and it certainly was so.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful (we had read some bad reports about the concierge but this was certainly not the case). We found them most helpful
The room was clean and bright with the usual selection of toiletries robes were provided for when you wanted to use the leisure facilities (which were possibly the best I have seen)and the pool was big enough for a good swim. Sometimes the cleaners did try to come in a little early but this may reflect the use of this hotel for business and not for myself and my husband who actually needed to rest after a five course breakfast! This later maybe one of the best things about this hotel the services was superb and choice vast.
The rooms were very quite and the beds comfortable. All choices and languages catered for on the TV front if this was your choice. We only used the bar once and this had a good choice although a little pricer than outside obviously.
The only down side to this hotel was its distance from what is now the centre. It was either a bus or a train ride tot he Mitte(very close to the ZOO and its area). I do not think it would be practical to walk to all areas from here at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1,734 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Polish first
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel has got one of the biggest swimming pool of all I've ever seen in a hotel. And definitely the biggest in Berlin. Stuff is well trained and very helpful. It's definitely a perfect 5 star hotel that offers all necessary servises, but without excesses. That I personally liked. Last, but not least - location. I had a room with a view to a ZOO. Isn't it charming? A big parc for those who love to jog is also nearby. Pullman is just a walking distance to the centre of Berlin and just 15 minutes drive to the airport.

Room Tip: With a view to a ZOO.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was going to a meeting at the Intercontinental, and they couldn't decide whether I could have a reservation or not, so I booked at the Pullman instead, which is just down the street a 100 meters or so.

The check in was fast an efficient and offered me some fruit and a sparkling or still water after a hot summer ride from the airport and my 12 hour airplane ride. The ambiance is spacious and open, from the front desk to the room. All just what I required.

It's an easy walk to the Tiergarden and the zoo if you are a tourist, but I spent my stay alternating between the chaos of a large meeting at the Intercontinental and the peace of the Pullman, which was briefly interrupted by large groups coming and going in the lobby.

My own espresso maker in the room, competent WIFI, and never ending complimentary fruit and sparkilng & still water just made life easy. The view of an interior garden was nicer than expected.

It's a bit complicated getting to the pool and exercise area, but they are nice. I was mostly eating at meetings and at a local Greek restaurant so only ate with them a little, no complaints.

I had a very early morning departure, and when I asked for the bill, the desk person just suggested that I go have a coffee and some breakfast at a table nearby with the departing airline crews, and he'd just bring me my bill and order a taxi, and I could relax for a bit. That's teh right attitude.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Rostock, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was there four days with my friends. The location is really good. There is also a good chinese restaurant near it. Only a few minutes walk to shopping street. The room is very clean, house service is good and in time. Breakfast is also good, but no changes in four day is a pity. We went there with our car and there is always a parking place along the street, but you have pay for it during the day. The staffs are quit polite, friendly and helpful. We also used the pool and spa, the facility is ok and we went there everyday for one hour. There is also a bar in the hall, it looks like a good one, but we dont spent much time there.Everything is really 5-stars. Overall, I would strongly recommended Pullman. Very good hotel for very reasonable price in a good location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dresher, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights and to be honest, it was not enough to see all the sites in Berlin. Hotel was great, location wonderful, close to all transportation (100, 200 buses, U and S Bahn). Close to the KaDeWe and lots of shopping. Service at the hotel was excellent, the Concierge quite helpful in all matters. They even loaned us an umbrella. We ate in the restaurant one evening and it was lovely. We did not partake in the breakfast as it was expensive and we only eat light in the morning. Rooms are a nice size by European standards and staff kept the room clean. I would stay there again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Within walking distance of the famous Berlin Zoo as well as the train station, Berlin Museum of Photography and the main shopping dreg, the Kurfurstendamm. Rooms were large, quiet and clean, beds were heavenly. Great pool area for the kids with lunch service!

Room Tip: The higher the better. try to get a room on the Zoo side. Not that you can into the Zoo, but the vie...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We just returned from a trip to Berlin -- our first. We stayed at the Pullman Schweizerhof for four nights. It was a great experience. Our room was huge -- by European standards -- and even American. The staff were all extremely friendly and all spoke English. Great location -- right across from the Tiergarten. The Berlin 200 Bus which goes all around the city is just down the block. We stayed in the new "wellness section" right near the spa and the pool -- we used neither. It is a long walk from the main entrance of the hotel -- but the room was very quiet.
Lovely cocktail lounge! An all-around great hotel. The only reason we didn't give it a perfect score -- the shower is extremely small -- with no control over the water pressure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof? Share your experiences!