“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 664 Hotels in Berlin
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The room was excellent, clean and tidy, great little room extra's and the TV even had many mainstream English channels. The breakfast was good but not as good as I had read. In my opinion there could have been a little more choice. Didn't use the restaurant but did visit the bar each night. Have to say the prices were expensive compared to outside the hotel but you get that in all hotels. The leisure facilities are also very good although it is a bit of a trek to reach them.

Hotel location was near perfect for what I wanted. Zoo just down the road, Insider Walking Tour meeting point round the corner and the hop on hop off bus stop was less than 5 mins away also.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Polish first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I chose this hotel based in other reviews and wasn't disappointed! I was impressed especially for the service quality in every level no matter it's receptionist, waiter or cleaner lady. As a Accor platinum guest we got free internet for whole stay, nice room from top floor facing to Tiergarten and some special snacks delivered to our room with greets from GM. Nice gesture.

Also when asking late check out we got it until 19.30 without any extra cost! Thank you so much. It helped a lot as I had a small fever and needed a rest before flight.

All the services worked well. Breakfast was great, bed very comfortable. If I need to find something to "complain" you could add some more heavy weights to the gym. 10Kg is not really enough for weight training:) Altough at the gym there were Kinesis equipments which you can use for variety of exercises. Also we missed other sink in the bathroom as they are quite small and will need some update in the near future.

But overall I would definitely choose this hotel again!

Gibraltar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very good modern hotel in the best area of Berlin. The room is spacious enough and in our case had great view over Zoologisch Garten. I don't try the pool and the spa, so can't say about its quality.

Rooms are equipped with tea facilities which is really nice. Two bottles of water were complimentary to our room as well.

The only disappointment was breakfast. I expected it to be wider and better quality. But I can't compare it to other Berlin hotels... Only to other where I've been (check my reviews if needed)

Room Tip: ask for the room with Zoologischer Garten view. It's really nice moreover you will see a great s...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over the weekend on our first visit to berlin. It's good location, close to public transport links. It's very close to the zoologisher garten train station, this is also the meeting place for many walking tours of Berlin so we found this very handy. It's in an area in which I felt safe walking around at night. The pool area is nice, the rooms were spacious and clean, the staff very friendly.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I passed a week-end with my husband in Berlin and this hotel not cheap but it worth it. Very good located und friendly personal. Good food, clean rooms.

The hotel is 5 minutes walk away from the Gedächtnis Kirche and the Kurfürstendamm which is one of the most famous (shopping)streets in Berlin

Place to recommand.
Em Perr

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The best hotel we stayed in on our five week trip in Europe. The price we paid was very affordable, just over $100 euro a night, and included breakfast, 6pm check out and a 15 euro voucher for restaurants. We had a high floor zoo view, upgraded at reception. Very large modern room, great outlook, beautiful views. All staff we dealt with throughout our stay were fantastic, the lady at check in was the best. The pool is huge and a great relief after a long day of walking. The breakfast is also the best throughout our whole trip. So much to choose from. We ate at the restaurant also for dinner, a bit expensive but the food and service were like the rest of the hotel- very good. The hotel is a little distance for the main sightseeing area of Berlin, but definitely walking distance. Its opposite the Zoo and very close the Teirgarten. Highly recommend this hotel to all.

Poznan, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was really satisfied of this hotel. Especially restaurant. I ate asparagus soup, fish on carrot puree with asparagus. It was amazing. I´m really fussy if it goes to food and cook made a very good job. I have never eaten such delicious dishes. I travel a lot and I know what I´m talking about.
Pool and spa area was very good too. Sauna, pool and fitness place. Well organize and I could relax. I really reccomend.
Minus is small underground parking and noisy air conditioning but this I've noticed in many hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof? Share your experiences!