We stayed at the Steigenberger a year ago and found it good enough to return this year. The room, the outlook, the position, the parking and the ambiance were all excellent. On arrival we were greeted at the desk by an officious "manager" who berated me for not having the correct voucher (having booked on the internet) and generally treated me like a recalcitrant small child - only to discover that we did have the correct piece of paper. This involved an altercation and unnecessary raising of blood pressure and not what one expects from the customer service of a 5* hotel. The restaurant catered for our special dietary needs very well, even if the maitre d' lacked something in charm and interpersonal skills. They did give us access to the executive suite for breakfast which was appreciated. All in all we would return there, but would advise the hotel to look to its staff training and staff morale to ensure customers are treated courteously at all times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Steigenberger Hotel Berlin - a class of its own! The hotel is known for its traditional qualities and friendly, efficient service. Located just off the one and only "Kurfuerstendamm" shopping boulevard and the famous memorial church, it is ideal for every occasion. In the renovated rooms you will enjoy your stay with bath / WC or shower / WC, hairdryer, telephone, satellite TV, minibar, safe and individually controlled air conditioning. The Superior rooms also offer coffee and tea making facilities, a large desk for business guests and a spacious rain shower. Our Executive rooms feature a high quality Nespresso machine, bathtub and the possibility of late check out until 03:00 pm. In the restaurant Berliner Stube warm hospitality is cultivated with regional cuisine while we serve a light international cuisine in the Destille. In the PianoLounge the "bartender of the year - Gault Millau" - Nicole Bolze - creates delicious cocktails. In the afternoon homemade cakes, coffee and a selection of teas are available. Furthermore, we offer free WiFi internet access in the entire hotel and pool and sauna in our spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Steigenberger Hotel Berlin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Berlin Hotel Berlin
- Berlin Steigenberger Hotel