We booked the Sofitel for a long weekend whilst visiting our son in Berlin. We have stayed in Sofitels before and have had a good experience. On arrival we were checked in swiftly and had a luxury room on the 5th floor overlooking the church opposite. We had a small balcony where we could stand and take in the views. The room was an excellent size with a very comfy 7ft bed, the bathroom was well equipped with hair dryer, robes & slippers only downside no bath. Unfortunately had someone in the next room playing loud music until the early hours which was annoying so soundproofing wasn't so good! Breakfast was very good although on the expensive staff, the staff were always very attentive. The reception extremely helpful booking a nice restaurant for us, they were very helpful when my camera went missing at the Jewish museum. The situation was superb close to all attractions also good shopping and restaurants nearby.
A good stay in Berlin except for camera being taken, will definitely return to the Sofitel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique and designer Hotel Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt is considered to be one of the most elegant addresses in the heart of the bustling capital. The small, unique boutique hotel, with 70 rooms and 22 suites designed by Harald Klein, combines minimalist Cocoon design with unique details, such as the play of light and shadow and of glass and black marble. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Venere, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Gendarmenmarkt
- Berlin Sofitel